Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Plug and Play Tachometer

Go down 
+18
slolane
dmulk
X-Racer
jimrobinette
0007onWR
Crawdaddy
GsVs
killbill
ramz
INSTIGATOR
Jäger
King Wolf
Pancho
matttys
Chrispy1200
hughtwg
john92
12oclocker
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
12oclocker

12oclocker

Plug and Play Tachometer Empty
PostSubject: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:14 pm

I've resumed development on the tachometer for the WR250X, it will be plug and play, the SpeedoDRD product really slowed me down on this, but here is a progress pic, it will plug in-between your sparkplug coil plug.
Here is printout of PCB design so you can get an idea of the size this unit will be, final product will be over-molded in a black weatherproof enclosure which should only be a few mm larger than the printout seen here. You can still easily see the screen digits when sitting on the bike. I've still got to do the numbers on figuring the cost, but quick guess I'm figuring they'll be somewhere around 80 bucks.
Let me know what you think.

Plug and Play Tachometer Tach-size
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 4:21 pm

I would think you'll do well on these. I haven't gotten to order your speedoDRD yet, but I plan on getting one. This would def go on my wish list as well. Do you think it will come with some sort of mounting system?
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 4:46 pm

yes, I'm working out some different mounting system types
Back to top Go down
hughtwg

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Aren't you short a couple of digits for a tachometer?
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 6:50 pm

hughtwg wrote:
Aren't you short a couple of digits for a tachometer?
it's displayed at x1000, same multiplier as most needle readouts. I've experimented with a design that showed all the digits, too many numbers floating around to make it easy to read, with only 3 digits it's easy to glance down and check your reading while riding.
500 RPM would display as [ .5]
2,500 RPM would display as [ 2.5]
10,500 RPM would display as [10.5]
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 9:11 pm

Nice. I'll be buying one. Plug and Play Tachometer 61865
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Looks good. What type of price range are you looking to be at? What would the refresh rate be?
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 9:55 pm

I've still got to do the numbers on figuring the cost, but quick guess I'm figuring they'll be somewhere around 80 bucks.
Right now the refresh rate is 200ms, I've experimented with several and 200ms seems to give the best quick response, and still be able to read the screen as it changes.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Cool, I made an instrument panel on my Fasstco Flexx bars and I have just the spot to mount such a unit Plug and Play Tachometer 61865
Back to top Go down
Pancho

Pancho

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 am

+1 here, it seems discrete.... Would you send them internationally, via USPS? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 1:00 am

I TOTALLY want one...looks great 12oclock. And i love my SpeedDRD.
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 1:15 am

Pancho wrote:
+1 here, it seems discrete.... Would you send them internationally, via USPS? Thanks!
Sure can, USPS priority mail international.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:41 pm

Sounds like a good reason to make a discounted price package of the tach and speedo fix Plug and Play Tachometer 810411
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:55 pm

matttys wrote:
Sounds like a good reason to make a discounted price package of the tach and speedo fix Plug and Play Tachometer 810411
sounds like a good idea Plug and Play Tachometer 61865
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:27 pm

While you're messing around... how do-able is a lead from the speedo fix so a rider could have a switch somewhere to select either accurate odometer or accurate speedometer - without pulling the side panel off, or leaving the wiring exposed, and resetting it each time one wants to move between those two realities?

I'd kind of like to be able to run speedo accurate on the tar and then switch to odo accurate as soon as I hit the dirt. I can live with what I've got, but that would sure be a nice touch.

Hmmmm... not being an electrical kind of guy... my odometer was pretty good to start with... if one even had the means to remotely take your speedo fix out of the loop, like an on/off switch, it could just be set up to be speedo accurate, and when off you'd be back to stock odometer? Which wouldn't help guys running 606's and whatnot, I guess.

Just thinkin'...
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:39 pm

I'll take one.
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:29 am

Jäger wrote:
While you're messing around... how do-able is a lead from the speedo fix so a rider could have a switch somewhere to select either accurate odometer or accurate speedometer - without pulling the side panel off, or leaving the wiring exposed, and resetting it each time one wants to move between those two realities?

I'd kind of like to be able to run speedo accurate on the tar and then switch to odo accurate as soon as I hit the dirt. I can live with what I've got, but that would sure be a nice touch.

Hmmmm... not being an electrical kind of guy... my odometer was pretty good to start with... if one even had the means to remotely take your speedo fix out of the loop, like an on/off switch, it could just be set up to be speedo accurate, and when off you'd be back to stock odometer? Which wouldn't help guys running 606's and whatnot, I guess.

Just thinkin'...

How about an enhanced gauge with Tachometer + Speedo, and you can use it for your accurate speedo, and setup your SpeedoDRD for an accurate odometer! I've already got that in the works (Tach/Speedo) gauge, and its exactly the same size as this!
Sound good?
Then you wont have to switch anything, you'll always have both!
I'll play around with the idea of having two selectable ratio's on the SpeedoDRD, it definitly possible, I would just have to re-think how to optimize the interface to make it just as user friendly.
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:45 am

12oclocker wrote:
Jäger wrote:

Just thinkin'...

How about an enhanced gauge with Tachometer + Speedo, and you can use it for your accurate speedo, and setup your SpeedoDRD for an accurate odometer! I've already got that in the works (Tach/Speedo) gauge, and its exactly the same size as this!
Sound good?
I'll play around with the idea of having two selectable ratio's on the SpeedoDRD, it definitly possible, I would just have to re-think how to optimize the interface to make it just as user friendly.

12oclock your just full of all kinds of surprises arent you? haha
Anything else that your working on?
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:30 am

Quote :
Like a temperature gauge plus a fan override switch on a mini panel Plug and Play Tachometer 911463
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:45 am

King Wolf wrote:
12oclocker wrote:
Jäger wrote:

Just thinkin'...

Sound good?

12oclock your just full of all kinds of surprises arent you? haha

Actually I made some really cool LED Modules for the TV Show "Ace of Cakes", which do all kinds of cool LED patterns for their cakes, not sure when they'll be in a show or anything, but they said they would let me know.
I plan on having them in a kit version, with other various kits, and have plans to distribute these kits to various tech schools and colleges for educational purposes, kits would focus on learning to program microprocessors, from basic to advanced level.
Also I'm using a zoom skype adapter, and I use skype-in, and skype-out, I dont like the fact I have to dial the country code to use skype out, so I building a device that sits between my zoom adapter and the phone, and it will insert the country code, or whatever I want, after I dial my digits, and then send it to the zoom adapter and connect my call.
I think that's about it right now. lol

Quote :
Like a temperature gauge plus a fan override switch on a mini panel
Actually yes I do have a full deluxe gauge cluster in development which I plan to include things such as.... Tach/Speed/Temp/Low Fuel/Various warning indicators/ maybe even a learning gear position indicator
Back to top Go down
killbill

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 6:17 am

perfect! how long until the official realease? Plug and Play Tachometer 163123 Plug and Play Tachometer 163123 Plug and Play Tachometer 163123

i will purchase a comdo of speedo and tacho....
good job. Plug and Play Tachometer 61865
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:01 am

working to get it done asap!
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:14 pm

What's your "real" job 12 or are you finding lots of motorcyclists with extra cash in their wallets?
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 8:24 pm

matttys wrote:
What's your "real" job 12 or are you finding lots of motorcyclists with extra cash in their wallets?
This is some of the stuff I work on when I'm not working on 12oclockLabs stuff...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EWSD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5ESS_switch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMS-100
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronous_optical_networking
http://www2.nortel.com/go/product_content.jsp?segId=0&parId=0&prod_id=15860&lcid=-1
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/telecom/products/flashwave-4500.html
http://www.fujitsu.com/global/services/telecom/flm-2400-adm.html
etc.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:47 pm

12oclocker wrote:
matttys wrote:
This is some of the stuff I work on when I'm not working on 12oclockLabs stuff...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EWSD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5ESS_switch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMS-100
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronous_optical_networking
http://www2.nortel.com/go/product_content.jsp?segId=0&parId=0&prod_id=15860&lcid=-1
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/telecom/products/flashwave-4500.html
http://www.fujitsu.com/global/services/telecom/flm-2400-adm.html
etc.

Interesting. My GF works for Ericsson. Who you work for ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer Empty

Back to top Go down

Plug and Play Tachometer
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next