Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Plug and Play Tachometer

Go down 
+18
slolane
dmulk
X-Racer
jimrobinette
0007onWR
Crawdaddy
GsVs
killbill
ramz
INSTIGATOR
Jäger
King Wolf
Pancho
matttys
Chrispy1200
hughtwg
john92
12oclocker
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
12oclocker

12oclocker

Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:24 pm

AT&T
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:38 pm

Quote :

Actually yes I do have a full deluxe gauge cluster in development which I plan to include things such as.... Tach/Speed/Temp/Low Fuel/Various warning indicators/ maybe even a learning gear position indicator

Add a Voltmeter to that !
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:04 am

12oclocker wrote:
How about an enhanced gauge with Tachometer + Speedo, and you can use it for your accurate speedo, and setup your SpeedoDRD for an accurate odometer! I've already got that in the works (Tach/Speedo) gauge, and its exactly the same size as this!
Sound good?
Then you wont have to switch anything, you'll always have both!
I'll play around with the idea of having two selectable ratio's on the SpeedoDRD, it definitly possible, I would just have to re-think how to optimize the interface to make it just as user friendly.
While more guys will probably want the tach than not, I'd be in the minority that have no interest in a tach. And I like to think things really simple, so the gauge that comes with the bike is all I want up there anyways.

You'll sell more units selling to the majority, but for me a little switch that allowed me to make my stock instrument cluster speedo accurate or odo accurate would more than meet my desires.
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:47 am

Jäger wrote:
.........I'd kind of like to be able to run speedo accurate on the tar and then switch to odo accurate as soon as I hit the dirt.....
+1

I have the Speedo Healer but haven't taken the time to put it on yet.......when I do, I'll be tweaking the ODO because that's more important (to me) than the speedo (primary use is off-road)....... but it would be nice to have both as mentioned above........most of the time I have my GPS mounted so that's my "speedo"....
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:31 am

12oclocker
Will the pickup still keep the coil/plug waterproof?
Could you not use the injector pulse instead

Why dont you make all this blue tooth and give us a HUD goggles LOL
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 12:41 pm

0007onWR wrote:
12oclocker
Will the pickup still keep the coil/plug waterproof?
Could you not use the injector pulse instead

Why dont you make all this blue tooth and give us a HUD goggles LOL

It will use the coil plug, and yes it will still be waterproof,
it will use OEM coil plug connectors!
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Ohhhh
Got it
Your original post said Sparkplug coil plug which confused me
But I guess you mean harness to coil connector

Cool, I want one
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:14 am

Looks like the very first Plug & Play Tachometer prototype will be done this weekend, I'll post pics and a vid! Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 61865
Back to top Go down
jimrobinette

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 10:15 am

12oclocker,

Hope you don't spend more time making cool things for the bike than riding the bike. Well, actually I do!! thumb Between the rear light and now this, you keep trying to suck money out of my pocket. Keep up the great work and I look forward to your next invention!!!!

Jim
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:55 pm

jimrobinette wrote:
12oclocker,

Hope you don't spend more time making cool things for the bike than riding the bike. Well, actually I do!! thumb Between the rear light and now this, you keep trying to suck money out of my pocket. Keep up the great work and I look forward to your next invention!!!!

Jim
lol, thanks, I have plans for a Gear Position Indicator, I've already got the math worked out for it. Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 61865
I finished the Tach Prototype last night, works great!! I'll post some pics and vid soon!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 2:27 pm

* wondering how I survived with the gear position indicator and tachometer in my head all these years *
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Tach works! I'll post a video soon
Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 Tach-working

my bike so far...
Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 100_6172_800
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Here's the video
Back to top Go down
dmulk

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:08 pm

Wow.... our WRR's idle at 2500 RPM?

Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 3:59 pm

They idle at about 1700, I turned my idle up Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 61865
Back to top Go down
dmulk

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:02 pm

12oclocker wrote:
They idle at about 1700, I turned my idle up Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 61865

Great hacking 12'o!

Let me know when I can get one.

Also: What's the possibility of having it perform voltmeter duty? Just curious....

Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:07 pm

you mean monitor the battery voltage?
Back to top Go down
dmulk

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:42 am

12oclocker wrote:
you mean monitor the battery voltage?

Yup. That would be cool. Would be nice when running gear, etc. :)

Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:27 am

ah to see if your overloading it, it should never change, output regulator will be between 14.2 and 14.4 all the time while the bike is running.
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Very cool, I need one of these!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:04 pm

12oclocker wrote:
ah to see if your overloading it, it should never change, output regulator will be between 14.2 and 14.4 all the time while the bike is running.

It goes up and down with RPMs and load. It would be cool to have it all in one tho....
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:43 pm

Ya know, a voltmeter is not really effective, but an Ammeter is
I bet the intrepid 12oclocker could do this with a single LED, glows green when charging and red when Discharging (and a couple other minor bit's in the wireing)
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:38 am

0007onWR wrote:
I bet the intrepid 12oclocker could do this with a single LED, glows green when charging and red when Discharging (and a couple other minor bit's in the wireing)

Like this?

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/Modules/huvm.asp
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:14 pm

mwakey wrote:
0007onWR wrote:

Like this?

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/Modules/huvm.asp

Hey, that's pretty slick, looks like a great idea
I just think a voltmeter is kind of a waste of time when all you need to know is if you are charging or discharging the battery
A lot of people dont even know that a 12v battery is a dead battery if it measures @ 12 volts
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:22 pm

0007onWR wrote:
Hey, that's pretty slick, looks like a great idea
I just think a voltmeter is kind of a waste of time when all you need to know is if you are charging or discharging the battery
A lot of people dont even know that a 12v battery is a dead battery if it measures @ 12 volts

I've had one installed for a few months. I posted a few pics of the install but got no replies, so I figured nobody was interested.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/heads-up-voltage-monitor-t911.htm?highlight=voltage+monitor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plug and Play Tachometer   Plug and Play Tachometer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plug and Play Tachometer
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next