Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Unbreakable Turn Signals

Go down 
+2
clapped_r6
Chrispy1200
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Unbreakable Turn Signals Empty
PostSubject: Unbreakable Turn Signals   Unbreakable Turn Signals EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Right now I am running a set of the Moto led's from Wheeling Cycle Supply. After a couple very minor get offs in the dirt, the flashers didn't exactly break but they don't exactly stay together either (the rubber bit won't stay attached to the plastic flasher bit). Rather than keep fixing them (silicone, epoxy, etc.), I'm switching to the integrated Zeta flasher handguards for the front but I need a solution for the rear.

So what is everyone using for rear turn signals that is dirt worthy without being too chunky or so small as to attract the attention of the local LEO's ?
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: Unbreakable Turn Signals   Unbreakable Turn Signals EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:28 pm

i haven't done it yet (house remodel!)

my plan is to chop the rear mullet down so it's not quite so awesome, and put in a Clear Alternatives taillight / blinker setup

i already bought the CA setup off of craigslist (it's the 02/03 R1 light)

maybe not the most legal, but i've had a CA tailight / blinker setup from my old R6 that was super bright.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Unbreakable Turn Signals   Unbreakable Turn Signals EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:09 am

Buell Blast rear signals (shorter than the front ones) work well as front and rear replacement signals.

They used to be dirt cheap, but that was before Buell folded, so who knows now.

They are as unbreakable as I've ever used... the light pops off the stem if you whack it hard enough, and it's simple to clip the assembly back together again. I've literally hit the signal directly against trees and the only "permanent" damage was a cracked lens.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Unbreakable Turn Signals   Unbreakable Turn Signals EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 12:24 pm

My solution is a little more low tech: I go to the local shoe shop and buy rubber that is used to re-sole a shoe. Cut that into strips and mount the lights to that. In the event of a fall the rubber will flex and the light will be unharmed. The rubber is stiff enough that the lights don't bounce around when riding.

My full mod writeup will hopefully be done this weekend . . . LED lights, custom racks, extra gas, switches, protectors, etc. It's going to be a big writeup Unbreakable Turn Signals 810411

Chrispy - I noticed you are from Montreal; do you know anyone that is going to do the Paris/Dacre this year? I'm getting interested in forming a team.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Unbreakable Turn Signals   Unbreakable Turn Signals EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Unbreakable Turn Signals   Unbreakable Turn Signals EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 7:29 pm

matttys wrote:
Chrispy - I noticed you are from Montreal; do you know anyone that is going to do the Paris/Dacre this year? I'm getting interested in forming a team.

Sorry, no. I've heard of the Paris/Dacre but always read that they aren't accepting new teams. Unbreakable Turn Signals 29721
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Unbreakable Turn Signals   Unbreakable Turn Signals EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:46 pm

skierd wrote:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/wr250r-x-integrated-taillight-t1393.htm
Unbreakable Turn Signals 29721

Not cheap, but if you break it you've got other problems. Unbreakable Turn Signals 851577

This is the best tailight/blinker assembly in my option...and is on my get list for sure.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Unbreakable Turn Signals   Unbreakable Turn Signals EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 2:06 pm

King Wolf wrote:
skierd wrote:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/wr250r-x-integrated-taillight-t1393.htm
Unbreakable Turn Signals 29721

Not cheap, but if you break it you've got other problems. Unbreakable Turn Signals 851577

This is the best tailight/blinker assembly in my option...and is on my get list for sure.

I like it but the local LEO's wouldn't. I need to maintain as low a profile as I possibly can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unbreakable Turn Signals   Unbreakable Turn Signals Empty

Back to top Go down

Unbreakable Turn Signals
Page 1 of 1