Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

aftermarket turn signals

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jarabe1

jarabe1

aftermarket turn signals Empty
PostSubject: aftermarket turn signals   aftermarket turn signals EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi guys I just got a 2008 wr250x and trying to fix my front left turn signal. There are three cables coming from bike (blue, brown and black) and only two from aftermarket signal. How should I plug it?
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket turn signals   aftermarket turn signals EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Your after market signal has 2 wires then your gonna loose your running lights I hope you know. Hince the 2 wires, blinker and ground.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket turn signals   aftermarket turn signals EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Not sure on the color at the moment, cut the blue one and see if the blinker or running light goes out.
Back to top Go down
jarabe1

jarabe1

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket turn signals   aftermarket turn signals EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:21 pm

Thank you guys, right side is green and black, left side is brown and black.
Now I have another issue, left side blinks faster than right. Why????
Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket turn signals   aftermarket turn signals EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Turn signal relay for that side is going out or voltage drop. Double check your connections and check voltage comming out to each blinker. Can test at connections you made.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket turn signals   aftermarket turn signals EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:30 am

Blue wire on WR is for running lights. Connect black to black, then the other wire to what ever other color is on the signals.

To get them to flash right, you will need an aftermarket flasher relay. The replacement you got is likely LED, and the stock ones are not. Or you can get a different replacement that is not LED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket turn signals   aftermarket turn signals Empty

Back to top Go down

aftermarket turn signals
Page 1 of 1