Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
treitz

Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue Empty
PostSubject: Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue   Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 5:03 pm

Hey all,

Has anybody had issues with the clutch adjust nut, on the outside of the clutch basket going loose on them? It has happened to mine twice in the last year now.

Symptom - driving along, around town as usual, suddenly I have ZERO clutch. Handle pulls to grip, but no resistance and no clutch engagement.

Take side cover off and the adjustment nut is completely loose.

My clutch plates and springs are all in speck.

Obviously I know how to fix it, but what I don't know is how to keep it from happening again. The nut is only tightened to 8nm, which is not much at all. I guess I'm not sure WHY this would happen, or what the long term fix is.

2013 WR250R
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue   Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 6:37 pm

Has it happened more than once?.if that was the first, I would try to fix it as normal and see it it does it again. I’ve never seen this issue discussed

Edit: I guess I should try reading
Back to top Go down
treitz

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue   Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 6:39 pm

Hertz wrote:
Has it happened more than once?.if that was the first, I would try to fix it as normal and see it it does it again.  I’ve never seen this issue discussed

It has happened twice in the last year, maybe 1,000+ miles of 50/50 street and HARD off road riding.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue   Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:14 pm

Is the steel ball between the two clutch pressure plate push rods still there?
Back to top Go down
treitz

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue   Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:26 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Is the steel ball between the two clutch pressure plate push rods still there?

Oh, good question.

I see it in the diagram here:
https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/yamaha-parts/2009-wr250r-off-road/clutch

But have not seen it in real life. I will look a little closer tonight to see if I can see it, or see where it should have been. I haven't even looked.
Back to top Go down
treitz

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue   Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 11:10 am

Confirmed the steel ball was still there.

I was able to get everything back into adjustment, just hoping it last longer this time...and still wish I knew what the cause was.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue   Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 3:13 pm

IS it part #14 that loosens up? Have you applied threadlocker?
Back to top Go down
treitz

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue   Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 4:03 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
IS it part #14 that loosens up? Have you applied threadlocker?

Yep! Part #14. And yes, I applied thread locker last night. I had not done that the first time.
Back to top Go down
robpotash

PostSubject: Clutch engages late?   Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue EmptySat May 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Cable has proper tension. However the clutch engages at the very end of the release - last 1/2” or so. Clutch dose not slip. Manual no help. Any ideas? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue   Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue EmptySun May 03, 2020 5:30 am

How is it if you give the cable a little more free play?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue   Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch Adjustment - Repeating Issue
Page 1 of 1