Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member, project!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt365

New member, project! Empty
PostSubject: New member, project!   New member, project! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Hey all. New to the wr250r/x. Not new to bikes. Been riding 20 years. My other ride is a 2017 Aprilia Tuono v4r, but I wanted another small enduro for trail riding, hopping curbs, and general stupidity.
Picked up an '08 wr250x with a set of dirt rims and a bunch of spares. 25,000 km on the clocks.
Looked good from afar, but up close its plagued with little issues.
6 owners before me, and some hack-jobs done to it over the last 12 years.
Its going to be a bit of a project.
I'll start a project thread, but the winter here in Ontario Canada is in full swing... a bit brisk working in the shed. It'll be a slow go, but worth it.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: New member, project!   New member, project! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Howdy.

I used to own a 2008 WR250X, too.
I also owned a 2008 WR250R, although not both at the same time.

Post those pics and updates as you work your way through winter.
That's how I help pass the time and weather, too.
Back to top Go down
Matt365

PostSubject: Re: New member, project!   New member, project! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:27 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Howdy.

I used to own a 2008 WR250X, too.
I also owned a 2008 WR250R, although not both at the same time.

Post those pics and updates as you work your way through winter.
That's how I help pass the time and weather, too.

Indeed I will. Looking at your signature: I had an '03 tw200. It was an ex msf bike from the school I teach at. It had been through hell and back for 6 years before I got it. We use KLX140s as well. Those things are indestructible. I've seen one flip over during an emergency stop, and keep running upside down on the seat with its handlebars on the pavement.

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: New member, project!   New member, project! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 10:33 pm

Speaking of bikes listed, I just remembered to remove one of the bikes I sold last month, the 2015 FZ-07.
I have experience with getting parts to maintain MSTC training course bikes and have seen how they get dropped and crashed repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member, project!   New member, project! Empty

Back to top Go down

New member, project!
Page 1 of 1