Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tylerc638

Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness Empty
PostSubject: Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness   Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Well I just went out and bought a 2018 WR250R with about 1300 miles on it.  It appears to be in great overall shape, but it does have some scrapes and scratches where the guy said he dropped it a few times on the trails.  The chain guide was bent, so I ordered a new one, and I also ordered a skid plate for it.  There was a patch in the crankcase cover where he said there was a really small pinhole, and it doesn't leak a drop of oil. I have put about 40 miles on it since I bought it and have not had any issues yet.  Just curious if I should be at all concerned about anything.  How tough is the WR250R on the trails during crashes and stuff?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness   Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 11:38 pm

they are great bikes, I'm on my second one because I missed the first one I sold years ago. just don't crash on rocks, that makes for big ouchies. post up some pics!

Zone48 likes this post

Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness   Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 2:08 pm

Just ride it, keep the chain lubed, oil changed and air cleaner serviced, I think the plug change is around 7K miles. I have over 12K on mine totally trouble free.
Back to top Go down
aunt-jamima

PostSubject: Re: Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness   Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 11:17 pm

I have never had an issue with mine. I do stay on top of the preventative maintenance but I also ride it hard off road. I crash a lot and the bike has never had any issues. I have twisted the forks before from a hard fall but it didn’t keep me from riding out and I was able to reset them back at the trail head. I had a friend drop his in a rock garden and sliced a coolant hose near the rear brake. I guess look out for sharp rocks when falling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness   Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness Empty

Back to top Go down

Used WR250R Reliability and Toughness
Page 1 of 1