Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Brake line/fluid change problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
beer goggle

beer goggle

Brake line/fluid change problems Empty
PostSubject: Brake line/fluid change problems   Brake line/fluid change problems EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 1:58 pm

Recently installed 320mm rotor & new pads on Warp9's then attempted to change the fluids and hoses to braided lines. I've installed pads and discs before but this is the first time I've touched brake fluid/hoses.

I drained the front reservoir using a syringe and did the pump/crack open bleed nipple method until dry. Fitted hoses, torqued banjo bolts, filled reservoir but had to pump LOADS until fluid came out of the bleed nipple. Did the pump hold crack bleed nipple until there were no more bubbles passing through & tightened her up. Reservoir is topped up but lever is totally limp with no movement on pads. Same happened on rear. Had a look online for tips, tried opening top banjo bolt to release air...no air just some fluid seeped out. Also tried forcing fluid into caliper via bleed nipple using a syringe, no joy. What am I doing wrong?? 😕
Back to top Go down
Starpower

PostSubject: Re: Brake line/fluid change problems   Brake line/fluid change problems EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 11:40 am

"Pumping loads" and no lever is making me think that the issue may lie in the master. Perhaps the piston seal got damaged?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Brake line/fluid change problems   Brake line/fluid change problems EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 3:09 pm

What is probably happening is that the banjo bolt holes are not aligned with the new brake hose. This is something that needs to be checked before you install either of them so you have a good idea on how to align them.

Since they are already installed, loosen up the banjo bolt ever so slightly, then rotate the brake line to a new position and see if the pads move now. Play around with these adjustments both at the master cylinder and at the caliper end.

BTW, next time you need to change the brake fluid, it's easier to fill in the system via the bleeder nipple at the caliper using a syringe, that is, fill it from the bottom up; this method naturally avoids air bubbles, so makes life easier.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Brake line/fluid change problems   Brake line/fluid change problems EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Thanks for the tips guys.

Starpower, when I said 'loads' I meant a lot for me. Being my first attempt at fluids/hoses I dont know what is too much or too little in the process thumb
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Brake line/fluid change problems   Brake line/fluid change problems EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 2:12 pm

Saw a guy on youtube pulling lever all the way in then zip tying to bars & leaving overnight. Did the same this morning when i came back from work the brakes were working, happy days bannana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake line/fluid change problems   Brake line/fluid change problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Brake line/fluid change problems
Page 1 of 1