Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Which Brake Fluid to use?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Which Brake Fluid to use? Empty
PostSubject: Which Brake Fluid to use?   Which Brake Fluid to use? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 4:05 pm

I'm looking to bleed my brakes and want to know what people are using. lurk
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Which Brake Fluid to use?   Which Brake Fluid to use? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Valvoline synthetic dot 3&4. My brakes work...
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Which Brake Fluid to use?   Which Brake Fluid to use? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:22 am

Motul RBF600. I use it the wr as an alternative to the insanely expensive Castrol srf I use in my race bikes.

Lasts long / little to no fade / takes a long time to break down even in crazy heat
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Which Brake Fluid to use?   Which Brake Fluid to use? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:15 am

The motul RBF600 is awesome stuff
I used the cheaper motul 5.1 in mine though, IMO it doesn't go fast enough to need the super high boiling temp stuff
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Which Brake Fluid to use?   Which Brake Fluid to use? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:32 am

True - but brake fluid is cheap(relatively) and with a single front line you aren't using much. Despite what I've read, as long as you keep the cap on tight you can use a single container of fluid for a few years imo (stored correctly). You're prob right, for these bikes it might not make any difference - I honestly had a quart left over so I used it =]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Brake Fluid to use?   Which Brake Fluid to use? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Brake Fluid to use?
Page 1 of 1