Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Riding in Western Romania

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vulture

Vulture

Riding in Western Romania Empty
PostSubject: Riding in Western Romania   Riding in Western Romania EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 1:44 pm

The last two summers I spent a lot of time working in the West of Romania, namely in the Banat region around the city of Timisoara. For most of the these periods I had my good old WR with me, serving me as an every day (and night) commuter from my rented house to my work site, sparing my van the field roads that I built there with the usual budget limitations. However, there was the one or other occasion when I had a day off, to go on a little adventure tour. That's what this post is about. It's not a particular tour description, rather view it as photo collage generally showing how it is to ride that area. Though I might drop the one or other comment where it might be of interest.

Riding in Western Romania Img_2010
Riding in Western Romania Img-2010
Riding in Western Romania Img-2011
Riding in Western Romania Img-2012
Riding in Western Romania Img-2013

Riding in Western Romania Img-2014
Here I searched and found the abandoned German village of Lindenfeld up in the Banat Mountains. Think I've got a few more pics from there...

Riding in Western Romania Img-2016
Riding in Western Romania Img-2015
Riding in Western Romania Img-2017

Riding in Western Romania Img-2019
Riding in Western Romania Img-2018
My occasional garbage pic. You may remember this habbit from previous Eastern Europe posts of mine...
Riding in Western Romania Img-2020
Some smart farmer caught his own cat behind the yard...the poor thing would have died from dehydration in the blazing sun. I released her after taking the photo.

Riding in Western Romania Img-2026
Welcome to the jungle!
Riding in Western Romania Img-2024
Jungle did not go that well for me: managed to break off a RAM mount ball... baldy
Riding in Western Romania Img-2025
So I had to get along with mobile phone GPS again, which is a nuisance since I carry it in the cargo pocket of the enduro pants and have to take it out if I want to make a routing decision. Then again, there are way more critical things to break down in the middle of nowhere, hence I just dumped the broken X-grip in a bin in the next village and carried on.

Riding in Western Romania Img-2027
This is a new thing to Romania. The greenies finally grasp control in this last free offroading spot of Europe. So make sure you don't wheely inside designated National Park areas!   Remember

Riding in Western Romania Img-2028
Riding in Western Romania Img-2029
Riding in Western Romania Img-2030

Riding in Western Romania Img-2032
Riding in Western Romania Img-2031
Riding in Western Romania Img-2033
Lunchtime...

Riding in Western Romania Img-2034
Riding in Western Romania Img-2036
At work...
Riding in Western Romania Img-2035

Riding in Western Romania Img-2037
Riding in Western Romania Img-2038
I love this: perfect representation of EE authorities approach of live and let live. Legally we have to block access to the river beach area, practically we cannot be bothered with actually enforcing the law, it might just create work and unpleasant situations...
Riding in Western Romania Img-2039

Riding in Western Romania Img-2044
Riding in Western Romania Img-2045
These bushes are a pain in the ass! Or more accurately in the tire. The thorns make punctures, as unlikely as it looks. On pastures one must be on the watch to not ride straight over these if possible.
Riding in Western Romania Img-2043
Charlottenburg, not the district of Berlin, but the only circular village in Romania. Check it out on Wiki and YT (there is some drone footage), if interested.

Riding in Western Romania Img-2048
Riding in Western Romania Img-2047
Riding in Western Romania Img-2046

Riding in Western Romania Img-2051
Riding in Western Romania Img-2050
Better Lunchtime...
Riding in Western Romania Img-2049
Riding in Western Romania Img-2052
That's it for this time. Hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited by Vulture on Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Starpower

PostSubject: Re: Riding in Western Romania   Riding in Western Romania EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 2:26 pm

Nice! Man, it sure looks a lot like Northern California.
Back to top Go down
Vulture

Vulture

PostSubject: Re: Riding in Western Romania   Riding in Western Romania EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Ok and here the bonus pic with me naked Shog
p.s. for having a bath to cool down in this area: Timis river!! Not Mures river!
Timis: warm, gentle flow, just deep enough, small gravel
Mures: cold, larger gravel, violent current, dangerous

Riding in Western Romania Img-2053
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Riding in Western Romania   Riding in Western Romania EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 12:16 pm

Nice! I rode across Romania on my Africa Twin last year hitting up Transalpina and Transfagarsasn, both of which were awesome. I saw a lot of dirt bikes heading into the trails which is when I really missed my WR!

Whats up with the beer in a tea cup?? scratch freaky
Back to top Go down
Vulture

Vulture

PostSubject: Re: Riding in Western Romania   Riding in Western Romania EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 6:16 pm

@beer goggle: That was "smantana" for the soup! Sorry I'm a bottle-fed baby, beer always straight from the bottle if not otherwise socially required...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riding in Western Romania   Riding in Western Romania Empty

Back to top Go down

Riding in Western Romania
Page 1 of 1