Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Cam Sprockets marks not aligned at TDC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hockey4ever

Cam Sprockets marks not aligned at TDC Empty
PostSubject: Cam Sprockets marks not aligned at TDC   Cam Sprockets marks not aligned at TDC EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 3:17 pm

Here is what my bike is doing    clunking sound  

I remove the valves cover to check

Here is what i found

when the mark on the generator rotor is aligned with the mark on the crankcase cover,
the mark on both cam sprocket are not aligned. Would it be possible that the cam chain skip a tooth ?
How do i verify if the tensioner is doing his job? To me it look tight but im a newbie .

Cam Sprockets marks not aligned at TDC Genera12
Cam Sprockets marks not aligned at TDC 12021010
Back to top Go down
johnkol

Cam Sprockets marks not aligned at TDC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sprockets marks not aligned at TDC   Cam Sprockets marks not aligned at TDC EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 4:46 pm

First of all, a newbie would never open up an engine to check valve timing, so you're definitely not one.

Secondly, it's difficult to gauge how far off the markings are from that angle.

What you need to do is back off the tensioner and move one cam by one tooth to see if the markings align better. Keep in mind that the markings rarely align perfectly, they just need to be close, so choose the alignment that brings them as close as possible.
Back to top Go down

Cam Sprockets marks not aligned at TDC
Page 1 of 1