Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

alignment adjusters not aligned

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kellow

alignment adjusters not aligned Empty
PostSubject: alignment adjusters not aligned   alignment adjusters not aligned EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 10:55 am

So, I took my rear wheel off to change sprockets and chain and now the chain tension adjusters are quite off, when I try to adjust the chain slack
the left side seems to be working just fine, but the right side (the rear break assembly side) is far tighter (shown by the markings measures) and
when I loose to match the right side, it doesn't touch the adjuster. any thoughts? baldy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: alignment adjusters not aligned   alignment adjusters not aligned EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 2:09 pm

Two thoughts. Sometimes you have to manually push the wheel assembly forward to touch the adjusters.

Some bikes the adjuster blocks are not symmetrical, they are different length if installed upside down. Can't remember if the wrr is that way.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: alignment adjusters not aligned   alignment adjusters not aligned EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:35 pm

A easy way to get the axle blocks tight up against the adjuster bolts is to put a rag between the sprocket and chain and rotate the wheel.

I keep the wheel straight by measuring between the side of the tire and the swingarm with my fingers and don't pay much attention the to the lines on the stock axle blocks. I have zeta axle blocks on mine and the lines are pretty close but the stock ones were off a touch.
Back to top Go down
kellow

PostSubject: Re: alignment adjusters not aligned   alignment adjusters not aligned EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 10:57 pm

Thanks guys, I took it a part and put it back together and it worked fine. yes, the markers are still a little off but the measurement is right!
I went on a test ride on the dirt and it is a totally different bike! I was riding stock gearing and I absolutely love the 13/48 combo! muuuuch more torque!
thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: alignment adjusters not aligned   alignment adjusters not aligned Empty

Back to top Go down

alignment adjusters not aligned
Page 1 of 1