Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wr250r wont start without starter fluid

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dspwr

wr250r wont start without starter fluid Empty
PostSubject: wr250r wont start without starter fluid   wr250r wont start without starter fluid EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 1:48 pm

Bike unused for about a year. Fuel pump wasn't working - replaced it.
I pulled the fuel injector out and hit the starter - good mist pumping out of it.
Bike will not start. Replaced spark plug just in case.
If I spray starter fluid in it, it does start, but stops within about 10 seconds.
If I spray starter fluid in it every 5 seconds or so, with throttle open about 1/4, it will stay running.
Any ideas on what could be going on?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Starpower

PostSubject: Re: wr250r wont start without starter fluid   wr250r wont start without starter fluid EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 10:46 am

Fresh fuel? It is certainly a fuel issue and I suspect the injector. It may be spraying but perhaps not as it should, maybe not atomizing enough? Anyway, try some Sea Foam in it. I would consider even running it straight Sea Foam w/o any gas mix. Use the starting spray to get it to run and get the SF into the injector. Now let it sit for awhile, even overnight. You may need to do this more then once. In the end you may need a new injector. I use 1 oz./Gal of SF to gas in my tank at least 3X/yr. In my small 2 strokes (saws, weed eaters, etc.) it is in every tank. After sitting for 8 months they fire right up and run like new. My diesel truck was in the shop and mech. said you have 1 injector that is going, it is barely working and will need to be replaced very soon. I ran SF in it for a couple of tanks and 2 years later I was back in the shop and he said I see you replaced that injector! Worth a try for sure, good luck!
Back to top Go down
paulie1960

PostSubject: Re: wr250r wont start without starter fluid   wr250r wont start without starter fluid EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 11:56 am

if it runs on starting fluid and your injector is spraying you gas is not igniting
Back to top Go down
paulie1960

PostSubject: Re: wr250r wont start without starter fluid   wr250r wont start without starter fluid EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 8:10 pm

maybe something to do with you installing the fuel pump kinked hose
Back to top Go down
dspwr

PostSubject: fixed   wr250r wont start without starter fluid EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 6:00 pm

fixed.
Installed a fuel pump assembly (oem), and it started right away.

WRinSC likes this post

Back to top Go down
Monica

PostSubject: Re: wr250r wont start without starter fluid   wr250r wont start without starter fluid EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 10:20 pm

Hmm, process of elimination - I'm guessing it was the regulator in the new assembly.

Neither here nor there at this point, glad you got it fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wr250r wont start without starter fluid   wr250r wont start without starter fluid Empty

Back to top Go down

wr250r wont start without starter fluid
Page 1 of 1