Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Freeway use on big bore/stroker

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carbomb

Carbomb

Freeway use on big bore/stroker Empty
PostSubject: Freeway use on big bore/stroker   Freeway use on big bore/stroker EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 1:55 pm

Hi all,

After about 40k mi on my stock engine, I decided to bite the bullet and have the engine rebuilt to the bottom end with upgraded parts where possible. Went with the TR 280cc big bore (now sold by Built Motors) and the Hot Rods +3mm stroker. I’m being told by the mechanic that freeway use beyond short sprints is not recommended, but curious to see if others with either this or mixed with the Athena big bore have used theirs on the freeways much. I live in San Diego, so freeways are a norm for us, but I generally use side roads and highways about 90% of the time getting to the canyons and mountains where I typically ride. Not that I’m fearful given my typical use, just nice to know I’d still have the ability to hit the freeway when in a pinch for time.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

Freeway use on big bore/stroker
Page 1 of 1