Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info

Go down 
+46
Niewski11
pbnut
silentwolf
miniceptor86
motocrossmann
BuilderBob
wildhair
ROK
dc4stroke
jeffpack1957
Jäger
YZEtc
Akasy
Medski
0007onWR
NihonWRX
mattf
Farmer17
RichardU
mtntrails
RT3856
ZED
Machtig
Crazy Monkey
King Wolf
matttys
28marcb
bikepsych
lukachuki
PonchoV
malibu_dan
boogn1sh
Thumpthing Old
eakins
Noppy
Money$hift
WRoldman
sswrx
asheville thumper
dmulk
Crawdaddy
mtb
jacque372
greer
Pancho
dbparti
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
pbnut

pbnut

WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 3:49 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
silentwolf wrote:
Bob, I glanced at your blog. What's the 300 kit that you were looking at?

It's actually a 310 kit being developed by Thumper Racing. They were soliciting for a stock WR250 cylinder to do some R&D a few months ago and I gave them mine since I had just installed the 290. The 310 kit is supposed to be available this month and I have been promised the first one.
When I sent the Thumper guys a PM over at Supermotojunkie.com they said the kit was currently available (this was mid October). There's still nothing on the website though...
I take it you've gotten some more information, being that it was your cylinder they tested with?
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 3:56 pm

pbnut wrote:
When I sent the Thumper guys a PM over at Supermotojunkie.com they said the kit was currently available (this was mid October). There's still nothing on the website though...
I take it you've gotten some more information, being that it was your cylinder they tested with?

The most recent information that I have is that is will be some time this month.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Very cool. I want one in a bad way...
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:22 pm

310! 310! 310! 310! 310! 310! 310!

Come on baby! Can't wait to see a review!
Back to top Go down
Niewski11

Niewski11

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:39 pm

i will have to say when i got my 290 kit i was expecting alot more. all i seemed to get out of it was more torque. nothing on top end. but i also am running 13-40 sprockets. for i ride with my parents and others hoppin from bar to bar :-D
and with the 290 i can still only reach like 96 on a flat run with these sprockets. im sure i could get over a 100 with stock sprockets. but even with the two bros programer, yoshi pipe, fmf mega bomb header, and a k&n filter with the air box mod (much better than just about anyone elses way of doing in my mind) i am not impressed. i will not be buying another one. but the torque was a huge increase. i read that some1 was able to get 102 miles b4 the light came on. if i ride a long trip at 50 mph i can get like 70 mpg. in town playin i get like 50-60.
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:39 pm

310? 310??? 310????? dunno
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Still no update on the 310? We want to know??
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:25 pm

There's more than one thread running on the upcoming 310 kit. It would be nice if the mods would consolidate them.

On another thread, I reported that Thumper Racing was in the process of relocating their facility from CA to NV. I contacted Travis in December and he said that I should see my kit sometime this month. All that was let to do was balance the cranks, but the move was putting him behind schedule.

I don't have my kit yet and I'm not going to bother him this month. If I don't see it in January, I'll contact him in February sometime for an update.

Fair enough? dunno
Back to top Go down
wrinak

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Here is a copy of an e-mail I recieved from Thumper.

the motor works out to 306cc

Crank is $600 and the 83mm big bore kit is $595.

We balance each crank to each piston. Thats why the crank is a bit pricey.

I will try to get it on the web soon. With the move our dyno was damaged and I have not had time to have it fixed yet so for now I haven't had a chance to dyno it.

Travis
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:25 am

My 290kit comes next week. I want to install it with the get modul, and the Stock muffler. Do i have to reinstall the airbox- lid and the exup- valve, or works the Getmodul without this parts??
Airbox lid and Exup are deactivated now.
I have a powercommander v too, but here is nobody who could make a special map, so i want to use the GET- fuel prog.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:06 pm

germanwr250r wrote:
My 290kit comes next week. I want to install it with the get modul, and the Stock muffler. Do i have to reinstall the airbox- lid and the exup- valve, or works the Getmodul without this parts??
Airbox lid and Exup are deactivated now.
I have a powercommander v too, but here is nobody who could make a special map, so i want to use the GET- fuel prog.

I believe there is a map on Dynojet's web site that approximates your modifications. Using that with your PC5 would be much better than the GET module.
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:21 am

Is the GET-modul a so bad choice?

I only find 2 maps with the 290 piston-kit: first one with the FMF Q4 full exhaust, flapper removed, second with the Gyt-R- can and stock airfilter.
Don't want to use a so upgraded bike with a so loud muffler- the Police checks many bikes here- They won't be happy with this mods, and i don't want them to look of me, because my exhaust is so loud.
I think both could be too rich. Maybe i take the first one: i read that the FMF full exhaust map is leaner than the stock exhaust map.
Do you think that map might work well- or better than the GET-modul?

Whats with your engine, have you retourque the bolts- is there already a oilleaking, or is it okay now?
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:15 am

germanwr250r wrote:
Is the GET-modul a so bad choice?

I only find 2 maps with the 290 piston-kit: first one with the FMF Q4 full exhaust, flapper removed, second with the Gyt-R- can and stock airfilter.
Don't want to use a so upgraded bike with a so loud muffler- the Police checks many bikes here- They won't be happy with this mods, and i don't want them to look of me, because my exhaust is so loud.
I think both could be too rich. Maybe i take the first one: i read that the FMF full exhaust map is leaner than the stock exhaust map.
Do you think that map might work well- or better than the GET-modul?

Whats with your engine, have you retourque the bolts- is there already a oilleaking, or is it okay now?

The exhaust matters much less than the intake where the PC5 is concerned. Choose the map that has intake mods similar to your current setup. It will be much better that the GET module. Then, save your Euros for the Autotune module. That's where you'll really be able to dial it in.

My WR/X hasn't left the garage since December. I haven't done anything to it. That will soon change, however. Tomorrow I will receive my custom CNC ported head. I'll install it and my new Thumper Racing piston the first free weekend that I have.
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:52 am

I don't know how the autotune soll. works: have i only to install it and let it in? Or have i remove the autotune many times and check the maps? I have read somethink, that i have to send the autotune maps a few times to the pc5 and than only drive with pc and no at.
I thought or hope i can let the autotune in the System, the whole time!?
Is it hard to install the at, do i need some special knowledge to install and programm it, or is it as simple as the pc5.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 am

germanwr250r wrote:
I don't know how the autotune soll. works: have i only to install it and let it in? Or have i remove the autotune many times and check the maps? I have read somethink, that i have to send the autotune maps a few times to the pc5 and than only drive with pc and no at.
I thought or hope i can let the autotune in the System, the whole time!?
Is it hard to install the at, do i need some special knowledge to install and programm it, or is it as simple as the pc5.
There is a bit of a learning curve with the Autotune module, but nothing too complicated. The most difficult part of the installation is welding in a bung for the oxygen sensor. The rest is very easy to install.

Autotune does not make real-time adjustments to fueling. It creates a table of fueling changes based on how you ride. You can accept the changes or further edit them only when you have your computer connected and are running the Dynojet program.
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks. I buy the autotune. I think it ins't to expensive- i heard that the dynorun costs between 150 and 200€. The at costs only 229€... And i have not to ride 500km to the next dynojet- shop.
And i have already a o2 bung in the mufflerpipe (eu-model)

Hope the send me the right kit this time (i have had two wrf kits here, before i order the right one(i hope)).
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 am

Quote :
Autotune does not make real-time adjustments to fueling. It creates a table of fueling changes based on how you ride.
You can accept the changes or further edit them only when you have your computer connected and are running the Dynojet program.
The autotune module calculates trim values to the PCV map in real time and and saves the values in the trim tables. The AT then calculates the PCV + trim amount and adjusts the pulse length in real time. The PCV table is not changed until you interact with the computer and choose that option. But the AT does adjust the pulse length as you ride.

And then there is the switch feature.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 am

ramz wrote:
The autotune module calculates trim values to the PCV map in real time and and saves the values in the trim tables.

Correct, but it doesn't make adjustments to the map in real-time, which is the point I was trying to make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info   WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

WR290R Big Bore installed update with Dyno info
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5