Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear brake bleeder screw leaking?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
davidb

Rear brake bleeder screw leaking? Empty
PostSubject: Rear brake bleeder screw leaking?   Rear brake bleeder screw leaking? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 6:30 pm

I've got a 2016 250r. I bled the front brake system on my bike last summer (I'm the second owner of the bike and by the look of the fluid this was the first time the fluid was ever flushed). Once I was finished, the front caliper bleeder screw starting seeping fluid (around the bleeder screw threads, where the threads meet the caliper). So, I figured that I over tightened the bleeder screw. That said, it stopped seeping fluid after about a month's time and is now dry.

I bled the rear brake system today and this time I was careful to keep the screw finger tight while bleeding and then I used a torque wrench to tightened the screw to spec (4.3 ft/lbs). Once again, the bleeder screw is leaking around the threads where they meet the caliper body. Just a note that the pedal feel is perfectly normal.

Is this something that regularly happens when bleeding the brakes on this bike? Have I got the wrong torque spec? Am I missing something?

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down

Rear brake bleeder screw leaking?
Page 1 of 1