Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BrokenToys

Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil Empty
PostSubject: Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil   Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 6:38 pm

Chain came off when I was riding and left me stuck on the side of the road. Noticed it was leaking oil, but couldn't tell from where. Was hoping it was just the countershaft seal, but after cleaning everything up and installing the new seal its still leaking.

Short video -  www(dot)youtube(dot)com/shorts/lNsTksdwQ00 <-this site wont let me post a link and the youtube video insert button isn't working.

As you can see from the pics and video, there is a gouge taken out of the crank case from the chain.
Am I totally ruined here? How bad is it? I can't afford to get a new crank case.  Is it possible to weld it or use something like JB weld?
Would appreciate any responses as I want to get riding ASAP.  Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil 1f602

Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil 17513110
Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil -6910610
Back to top Go down
Starpower

PostSubject: Re: Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil   Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 12:22 pm

I would clean it real good (twice!) then rough it up with course sandpaper and try LB Weld. Not much effort to give it a try. JB can provide miracles at times.
Back to top Go down
jpro22

PostSubject: Re: Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil   Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 4:41 pm

Did you have a master clip type chain link? or a rivet type?

I only ask because I was about to install an aftermarket chain with master clip type
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil   Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil Empty

Back to top Go down

Chain came off did some damage to crankcase, leaking oil
Page 1 of 1