Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

09 250R key on, doesnt crank over. More often when hot.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ARrrr

09 250R key on, doesnt crank over. More often when hot. Empty
PostSubject: 09 250R key on, doesnt crank over. More often when hot.   09 250R key on, doesnt crank over. More often when hot. EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 12:58 pm

The ignition lights up np, and sometimes it cranks over, but often i have to hit the start button anywhere from 20 to 100 times before it mysteriously cranks over and fires up. When i pull the bike out of the van, it fires up first or second push, and seems to get worse as the ride goes on. Possibly as the bike runs hotter. Although last time the bike cooled down for over an hour and it took about 25 button pushes to start up.

I can hear the fuel pump come on, and the ignition lights up. Clutch in out out, kickstand up or down doesnt make any noticable difference. It pop starts fine, long as the wheel doesnt skid of course.

Im wondering if the switches fail often? Should i bypass the clutch and kickstand switch, or just take a chance and pop a new starter in.

Also, is there a safety system where the wr250r doesnt crank over when running too hot? I dont have any overheating lights on but i do have a dent in the radiator, no leaks.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
johnkol

09 250R key on, doesnt crank over. More often when hot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 09 250R key on, doesnt crank over. More often when hot.   09 250R key on, doesnt crank over. More often when hot. EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 6:03 pm

Sounds like a corroded connection, or the starter itself. Have you attempted to follow the circuitry that leads to the starter?

The WRR does not have a circuit that would prevent it from starting if overheated.

BTW, not really sure what you mean by "the ignition lights up"; you mean the display comes on?
Back to top Go down

09 250R key on, doesnt crank over. More often when hot.
Page 1 of 1