Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

stator output

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dogmeat

stator output Empty
PostSubject: stator output   stator output EmptySun May 14, 2023 2:25 am

so... how many watts does the OEM stator make? literature says anywhere from 50ish to 250ish.
Back to top Go down
BenWRR

stator output Empty
PostSubject: Re: stator output   stator output EmptySun May 14, 2023 8:57 am

350 Watts

dogmeat likes this post

Back to top Go down
dogmeat

stator output Empty
PostSubject: Re: stator output   stator output EmptyFri May 19, 2023 1:48 am

how much of that is "spare" energy after what it takes to run the bike? and by that I mean using figures for the "probable continuous load" at street speeds. tnx
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

stator output Empty
PostSubject: Re: stator output   stator output EmptySun May 21, 2023 4:34 pm

I think you could be the first person I've ever seen in the 14 years this forum has been up that asked that question or something relatively like it.

The questions over the years have usually been to ask if it puts out enough power to run heated riding equipment, accessories, etc. The answer so far (as best I can remember) has always been "yes".

In my case, my minimal needs is that it run the battery chargers recharging GPS, phone, tablet, cellphone, etc batteries inside the tank bag. I don't have any heating accessories or additional lights.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

stator output Empty
PostSubject: Re: stator output   stator output EmptySun May 21, 2023 4:40 pm

dogmeat wrote:
how much of that is "spare" energy after what it takes to run the bike? and by that I mean using figures for the "probable continuous load" at street speeds. tnx

The main power draw is the headlight at 55W; fuel pump, display, ECU, and sensors draw some but not a lot, so total should be less than 100W.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

stator output Empty
PostSubject: Re: stator output   stator output EmptySun May 21, 2023 5:02 pm

johnkol wrote:
The main power draw is the headlight at 55W; fuel pump, display, ECU, and sensors draw some but not a lot, so total should be less than 100W.

I can't recall a post from those running a lot of gear on CDR type rides who said they ran short on juice, including the ones running some extra lights and heated riding gear. I would assume heated gear pulls a bit all by itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

stator output Empty
PostSubject: Re: stator output   stator output Empty

Back to top Go down

stator output
Page 1 of 1