Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Greased rear linkage, 2nd time, 9,300 miles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BenWRR

Greased rear linkage, 2nd time, 9,300 miles Empty
PostSubject: Greased rear linkage, 2nd time, 9,300 miles   Greased rear linkage, 2nd time, 9,300 miles EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 11:32 am

Yesterday was the second time that I have greased the rear linkage on this 2020 WR250R. I had thought that there was going to be a good amount of grease left as I had just greased the rear linkage this past fall but, I must go through enough puddles and stream crossings along with rinsing the bike off with the garden hose after most every ride that while there was grease left in all the roller bearings, I was glad I had done the job yesterday as the bearings needed some more grease.

Thanks go Yamaha for making the gearshift ends of the linkage bolts flat so none of us needs to back a(ny) of the bolt heads and only need to remove the nuts. That and the design of the linkage was made so that there is nothing that interferes with sliding the bolts out. From start to finish it had only taken me one hour to do the entire job as none of the rollers came out of place and all the parts were fairly clean when they came off so cleaning all the spacers, caps, seals, bushings and bolts didn't take too long.

One of these winters I'll have to send my shock out to be rebuilt/refreshed. Even still, I have found that as time has gone on, the rebound has slowed down from when the shock was new.
Back to top Go down

Greased rear linkage, 2nd time, 9,300 miles
Page 1 of 1