Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rikuno

Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?!   Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Ok, so i got on my brand new bike that has only 300 miles on it and threw a leg over. First thing i noticed was the rear suspension was extremely squishy. As if i gained 200 lbs. I have had one problem after another with this bike even at 300 miles and honestly dont feel safe on it if it continues to throw this at me. After putting 20k HARD miles on my Cbr600rr. I have had not a single problem. Then i bought a yamaha =/.

The rear suspension makes a squeaky noise when compressed. Anyone know what this could be?
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?!   Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Are you a troll? What year?

Unless the spring broke (doubtful), or it dumped oil all over the ground, your spring/shock is not blown. Why are you even posting this, call your dealer.
Back to top Go down
rikuno

PostSubject: Re: Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?!   Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Im not a troll. I just turned 18 and the first vehicle i ever got street legal was a sportbike. I have been riding track for a year, dirt since i was 8, and put 20k + miles on the street.

I bought it brand new from the dealership(it was supposed to be for my mother since my 600 was too much). I posted this because i wanted to see out of pure curiosity what the hell is going on with this bike.

60 miles - I almost had a bad crash because my rear brake wouldnt work(turned out the screw came out). Minor but almost devastating for the situation i was in.

200 miles - Upon startup, it blows a fuse. The idle automatically adjusted itself somehow and wouldn't start at all.

300 miles - I get a rear shock problem?

I was gonna stunt this bike but i think if i got it up in the air, it would fall apart on me. Probably gonna buy and convert a Honda crf450 and stop wasting my money on this thing.

I'm beyond disappointed in Yamaha's product. The last 2 yamaha bikes that i bought, both have had constant and continuous problems. My Honda's fix themselves it seems.
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?!   Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:29 am

I'm curious about the fuse/idle issue. Were you told by a mechanic that the idle adjusted itself? Was anything else wrong with it at the time? Part of me wants to say a mechanic was pulling your leg. The other thought is that something else was wrong and the ECU went into an alternate operating mode.

Are you certain the squeak is from the shock? You might want to take the rear end apart and lube it. I've read quite a few times that some of these bikes had next to no lube - axle, swingarm pivot, shock linkage etc.

Have you adjusted the clickers from stock settings? If so, you might want to set them back to stock to see if it makes a difference.

Did you set the sag before it became squishy? Taking the sag measurement now as a comparsion might be useful info.
Back to top Go down
rikuno

PostSubject: Re: Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?!   Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:45 am

Heoz wrote:
I'm curious about the fuse/idle issue. Were you told by a mechanic that the idle adjusted itself? Was anything else wrong with it at the time? Part of me wants to say a mechanic was pulling your leg. The other thought is that something else was wrong and the ECU went into an alternate operating mode.

Are you certain the squeak is from the shock? You might want to take the rear end apart and lube it. I've read quite a few times that some of these bikes had next to no lube - axle, swingarm pivot, shock linkage etc.

Have you adjusted the clickers from stock settings? If so, you might want to set them back to stock to see if it makes a difference.

Did you set the sag before it became squishy? Taking the sag measurement now as a comparsion

I was not told by a mechanic that "it adjusted itself" but it would not idle. I take all my bikes to the only mechanic in town that i trust which is at the honda dealer. Most everything i have done is completely free. But i am not joking or over-exaggerating about any of this. Im going to take it up to the dealer today and work on it myself to see whats up. Ill let you guys know what i find out. I tried messing with the suspension settings and even tried tightening it up. Did not work, matter of fact, it was exactly the same. Something very strange is wrong. No seals are broken from what i can tell either. Tomorrow ill have everyone look at it also.
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?!   Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:52 am

I'd suspect the dumb dumb that put your bike together out of the crate before suspecting a fault from the bike. I've literally jumped the wr a hundred feet numerous times. I've beat the living shit out of this bike every second I've owned it in the last two years. 14k miles on it, all at the rev limiter, and only failure was fuel pump (defective from factory). I am a mechanic and have redone the suspension and been through the whole bike a few times, but it never needed work. Just deserved it.

Your start-up issue sounds like a short. What was the cause and fix as determined by your mechanic friend?
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?!   Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:03 am

I can recall one posting with a picture where someone blew out the shock. I want to say fluid was on the front part of the swingarm.

Not described as a squeak but interesting anyway: https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t6514-wr-shock-issue-discovery?highlight=shock

I can't seem to find that post with the blown shock. GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?!   Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear Suspension broke at 300 miles!?!?!
Page 1 of 1