Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eakins

290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance??? Empty
PostSubject: 290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance???   290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance??? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:47 pm

can someone who has added a 290 athena kit comment on how much it wakes the motor up (this mod only as a baseline comparison, as the other mods/gearing changes are a given). i'm interested in off-road/single track performance gains. i'm toying with the idea of selling my xr400 (tired of kicking starting & want FI). the xr has gobs of low rpm torque that i tap into when riding uphill on mountainous high-elevation singletrack.

i know this motor is different, but i also like/desire the
6th gear going down the road aspect that the wr250r has (& the new 10 suzuki rmx450 doesn't seem to have) as i often need to ride many miles on the road to connect trails and i hate loading up bikes on trailers (the KTM method of offroad riding). i will continue to use my dr for long adv tours (i've have read Bigdog's evolution of bike choices, but i have my dr setup perfect for that) and use this bike as a day ride machine.

if i do all the mods, FI tuner, pipe, run 13/47-49?? gearing, dunlop 606s, safari tank and use a 290 kit will the wrr have the grunt to get up that steep rock-infested single track trail at 10k ft??? as i ride an xr know i'm ok with weight as i know this bike is not a waif.

ramz? anyone else???
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Re: 290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance???   290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance??? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Good questions 290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance??? 61865 I'm gona enjoy all this.
Tracy
Back to top Go down
dbparti

dbparti

PostSubject: Numbers on Big Bore   290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance??? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: 290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance???   290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance??? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:55 pm

thanks. nice to hear mpg is mimimally affected.

i wondered about that # w/ other mods.
would love to see a dyno with a 290 & fully uncorked bike.

dbparti wrote:
I have a thread in the Mods section.. 31 HP an increae of 7 over OEM

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/wr290r-big-bore-installed-update-with-dyno-info-t1487.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance???   290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance??? Empty

Back to top Go down

290 kit & colorado off-road/single-track preformance???
Page 1 of 1