Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

pro taper contour and riser problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonfire

pro taper contour and riser problem Empty
PostSubject: pro taper contour and riser problem   pro taper contour and riser problem EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:50 am

So ive recieved my pro tapers in high woods ben and rox 2in riser the only problem im having is the front brake lever wire is to short.how do you unplug it or can you cut and splice an extension in.The connection has a funny round deal does it just pull out,twist out what pro taper contour and riser problem 490865 I might be missing something here but I cant figure it out.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: pro taper contour and riser problem   pro taper contour and riser problem EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:47 am

If the wire really is too short, the quick-'n-dirty way is to splice in a section of similar-gauge wire. :)
Back to top Go down
Infra

PostSubject: Re: pro taper contour and riser problem   pro taper contour and riser problem EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:34 am

I have Pro Taper Contour bars as well but I opted to use the Pro Taper bar clamps and I had no issues at all with the length of the front brake cable.
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: pro taper contour and riser problem   pro taper contour and riser problem EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:52 am

I assume this is about the wiring for the brake lights & such. If you follow that wire from the lever all the way down, there should be places where it is attached to the bike. Loosen it up & you might find some useful slack. Reattach in that position & good to go. This is just a theory that I would try as I have not had this issue personally. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: pro taper contour and riser problem   pro taper contour and riser problem EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:26 pm

exactly its the brake light cable if i could detatch it from the brake perch it would make life easier with the reroute but i cant figure out how to get it off
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: pro taper contour and riser problem   pro taper contour and riser problem EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:16 am

Remove the master cylinder from the handlebar and get your flashlight out.
You'll probably see a feature where pushing in on a small and hard-to-reach thingy with a narrow screwdriver or pick will release the switch from the master cylinder.
Back to top Go down
dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: pro taper contour and riser problem   pro taper contour and riser problem EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:12 pm

thanks for the how to on the brake light wire i have everything rerouted and working nicely the only problem was the clutch safety cable wouldnt reach so i left it disconnected just have to remember to start in neutral or have clutch pulled no biggie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pro taper contour and riser problem   pro taper contour and riser problem Empty

Back to top Go down

pro taper contour and riser problem
Page 1 of 1