Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Voiding Warranty? Will I?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
liquidlogic4life

Voiding Warranty? Will I? Empty
PostSubject: Voiding Warranty? Will I?   Voiding Warranty? Will I? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 am

Question for you guys...... I've got my brand new WR sitting in my living room and I can't hardly stand looking at it in stock form! My question is what mods will start messing with my warranty? Can I do things like messing with the airbox and removing AIS without voiding my warranty?

I'm just a little paranoid to start tearing into this thing and messing up my chance of having something covered if things go south. I have months before riding season here and don't want my idle hands to get me in trouble.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Voiding Warranty? Will I?   Voiding Warranty? Will I? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:47 am

Let's put it this way. If something screws up with the bike, and say you've got all that stuff off and have a fuel tuner and such installed, you bring it in there like that...bye bye warranty. If you want to still do that tho, keep all the stock parts and then switch it all back to stock BEFORE you take it in. I know it's a bit of work re-rigging it back, but then your bike's back to stock and they can't argue it. Dealers can get real sticky if you bring a bike in modded to the nuts and something goes on a hiatus, especially if it's got a fuel tuner in it. Voiding Warranty? Will I? 61865

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Voiding Warranty? Will I?   Voiding Warranty? Will I? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Ya like Wuffie says you can be sneaky about it but think of it this way
If you add 150 watts of electrical draw and frap a stator or reg rect you just need to man up and fix it yourself (Example)
Same with any other mod that causes a subsequent failure to an effected part like a big bore kit and a rod failure for example
If you change the handle bars or exhaust and frap a stator, no one will look to argue with you

Everyone thinks factories try their best to get out of warranty but they dont, in fact a large amount of warranty dollars are "Goodwill" meaning the dealer or customer cause the problem due to misuse or abuse
Just be fair and life is good
thumb
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Voiding Warranty? Will I?   Voiding Warranty? Will I? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 pm

At the international motorcycle show in newyork (Jan,23,10) I asked a yamaha rep about voiding my warranty on my wrr and he told me that as long as you don't mess with the internals (like putting on the 290 big bore kit) than I'm OK. I'm not sure if this is true or not.
Back to top Go down
Pancho

Pancho

PostSubject: Re: Voiding Warranty? Will I?   Voiding Warranty? Will I? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 am

Mmmh, then why Yamaha it self sells the 290 kit as an accesorie??? Voiding Warranty? Will I? Icon_scratch
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelsubcontaineritems/5/595/2103/17741/2010/0/1.aspx
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Voiding Warranty? Will I?   Voiding Warranty? Will I? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:23 am

Aftermarket accessory...you install it before your warranty runs out you take your chances. It's no different than any other mod really; if it doesn't come with it stock, you slap it on and for some reason something goes wrong, you could get hung with the bill. Unless you have a good relationship with the dealer, and they know the kind of person you are and how you look after your things, it's a chance you take.

PostSubject: Re: Voiding Warranty? Will I?   Voiding Warranty? Will I? Empty

Back to top Go down

Voiding Warranty? Will I?
Page 1 of 1