Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

should i of got the warranty?

Go down 
+4
japako
bigg
motokid
kpla51
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

should i of got the warranty? Empty
PostSubject: should i of got the warranty?   should i of got the warranty? EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:42 am

so when i bought the bike they said they could give me a 5 year warranty for 600 bucks i declined since it already had a one year warranty so id only be paying for four years. should i of gotten the warranty? i have faith in these bikes and didn't think that id need it.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: should i of got the warranty?   should i of got the warranty? EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:17 pm

On almost everything you buy, the suggestion on "extended warranties" is typically to avoid them.

As for the wr250r/x platform.... I've rarely heard of anyone having issues with the bike in those regards.

I think you're safe. Save the $600 and start dreaming of exhaust pipes, efi programmers, and other farkles to make your bike "special".

disclaimer: $600 for farkles might not be enough....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: should i of got the warranty?   should i of got the warranty? EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:26 pm

here we get 2 years warranty as standard, with an additional year as extra. I would never have paid for the extra year, but the dealer gave it to me for free since he was happy to make some space on his floor.

what I don't like about the warranty is that you have to take it to the dealership everytime for an oil change, and that you aren't allowed even the most basic mods like a new exhaust without voiding the warranty. so now I'm stuck paying 40 Euro for every oil change BOOM

just one more year for me and I'll be free Very happy

of course, I could just do everything myself now (including getting an X3), but then if something happens and it'd still be under warranty, and they'd refuse to pay because of self-made oil changes and a new exahust I'd bite myself in the a** Very happy , so I will be patient!

as moto said, save your 600 bucks and spend them more wisely on the bike.
Back to top Go down
japako

japako

PostSubject: Re: should i of got the warranty?   should i of got the warranty? EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:33 pm

I bought a used 2011 and bought the warranty for 260, 4yrs. I do my own work, but if I blow the motor or something else the warranty would pay for itself. If it had been 600 on a new bike, I would not have done it..
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: should i of got the warranty?   should i of got the warranty? EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:51 pm

I figured it would be a rip off so I told the lady no politely. Just wanted some input from other riders
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: should i of got the warranty?   should i of got the warranty? EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:43 pm

IMO the warranty is a total waste of money, the dealer will void it if you do anything at all to the bike yourself or they find out you race the bike like I do, so you end up paying 600 dollars for nothing.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: should i of got the warranty?   should i of got the warranty? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:45 am

They offered me some sort of stop gap insurance for 600 that would pay the difference between the insurance payout and the value of the bike if I total it. I just couldn't take them seriously as they tried so hard to convince me that I needed it lol. Especially since my insurance has that feature for a dollar or two a month extra.... and making just the minimum payments I owe within a couple hundred bucks of what its worth.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: should i of got the warranty?   should i of got the warranty? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Just send me the $600 and I'll do some voodoo for you.

Probably the most reliable bike on the planet if you leave it stock.

They should pay you $600 it's so friggin' reliable.

My service guy says he hates them because he never sees them again.

I think I've made my point.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: should i of got the warranty?   should i of got the warranty? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 5:41 am

^^ i fully concur with the above statements , dutch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should i of got the warranty?   should i of got the warranty? Empty

Back to top Go down

should i of got the warranty?
Page 1 of 1