Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How Much Power Can I Expect

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WikdWRX

How Much Power Can I Expect Empty
PostSubject: How Much Power Can I Expect   How Much Power Can I Expect EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:39 pm

I have about 1k miles now & got the bug to Mod. I'm not really wanting to swap out the muffler due to repacking issues, seems like a life long maintenance with buying repacking material. What do you guys think about FMF Power Bomb / Programmer, K & N Filter, & Graves exhaust insert for stock muffler? This along with AIS removal..etc. How much power is realistic from these mods.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Much Power Can I Expect   How Much Power Can I Expect EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:26 pm

I can see your point with maintenance on the muffler....but....if you're going to go with the PB and all the other stuff, the muffler's still gonna have the restriction. Unless you want to open up that can and get rid of the cat and stuff, which can be done, I'm not saying it's a total waste doing what you are intending to do, but you do get the best bang if you open up that muffler. You will notice it responding more positively with the fuel tuner, but you won't get the full potential unless you go all the way. You can still use your stock can if that's what you want, but I'd be gutting it to get rid of the restrictions. JMO. How Much Power Can I Expect 61865

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: How Much Power Can I Expect   How Much Power Can I Expect EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:54 pm

I agree with SheWolf very much.
Replacing the head pipe but keeping the stock corked-up muffler seems silly when you're looking for performance.
Get an FMF Q4 to go along with the FMF head pipe.

I also think it's silly to not replace the stock corked-up muffler for fear of dreading repacking a new muffler sometime down the road.
It's nowhere near like you'd have to repack it often.
I'll bet good money that there are lots of people that don't even do it once a year.
In fact, I've got 2,000 miles on my FMF Q4 muffler and haven't repacked it yet.

Also, be sure to get rid of the airbox flapper because this is one of the big performance robbers.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Much Power Can I Expect   How Much Power Can I Expect EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:37 am

I won't say how many miles on my Q4... How Much Power Can I Expect 640571 It doesn't sound loud yet either, but I guess one day I'll pop the screws off and take a look-see.

dtx

PostSubject: Re: How Much Power Can I Expect   How Much Power Can I Expect EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:46 pm

The only thing i had to do with my q4 is remove the spark trap and pick out the packing,twice so far. You cannot see it from the outside looking in. It gets stuck in the bottom of the cone and slowly over time closes the trap. Little pink fuzz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much Power Can I Expect   How Much Power Can I Expect Empty

Back to top Go down

How Much Power Can I Expect
Page 1 of 1