Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Horsman

Horsman

Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Hello Everbody - Just Bought My New wr250r - it is an 08(but it is just as hot as the 09 and the 10!!!)
Wooo Hoooo, Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 379944

I have been trolling around this board and many other boards and I finally pulled the trigger on the Wr250r.
I just couldn't get past the idea of buying some old technology(ie.. DRZ400 - DRZ's felt really really heavy and old next to the WR250R). I parked the bikes side by side and picked them apart.

Some of my friends were trying to get me to buy what they had (DRZ400s, sm's or an older e). Even some of the guys let me borrower their DRZ's - nice bikes but I have been "Blue" since I could ride - had an old 88 xt350,99 yz250, 03 yz250, and currently have the 06 R6.

The first things, I have ordered are: Yamalink (cuz I am only 5'7") - the YZs wasn't an issue being 38" high because I was always climb or leaning on a berm (can't do that at a stop light - "excuse me??? Can I lean on your tire or borrow your step rails???). I also ordered the MegaBomb with the Q4.

I am curious if the FMF EFI Power Programmer is the way to go - do I need it with the MB & Q4???

I bought an early model 08 new (1-08) vin# with 0840 - do you think I am going to have problems with Fuel Pump and/or Water pump??? or over heat shut off like the early generations??? Dealer's Service Manager said he hasn't had any problems with the wr250rs. Do I ask to many questions??? Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 93746

Please let me know what you think...
thanks,
Jon Horsman
Living Mile High - Colorado
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Howdy. :)

Go on and read-up in the Sweet Mods forum and see what's commonly done as far as performance mods to this bike.
Like any other street-legal bike, the EPA regulations it has to meet chokes the bike up a lot, and doing these mods allows the bike to run a lot better.

Common mods are:
*Airbox flapper removal.
*Fuel programmer (like the FMF Power Programmer you are wondering about).
*Exhaust system.
*Different sprocket(s), since the WR-250R is geared very tall to help pass those EPA noise tests.
Back to top Go down
Horsman

Horsman

PostSubject: Thanks YZEtc   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:49 pm

I have a feeling I am going to have "too much fun" with the mods on this bike!!!!
If this thing runs anything like my R6 or any of my older YZs (reliability wise) I am gonna love this bike for a long time.
:)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Trust me, you'll love this bike. I sold a 600 sportbike that I really loved to get this, and to be honest, I don't miss it. Once you start modding, there's no looking back. It's like a tattoo, you can't stop at one. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 93746

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
Horsman

Horsman

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:05 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Trust me, you'll love this bike. I sold a 600 sportbike that I really loved to get this, and to be honest, I don't miss it. Once you start modding, there's no looking back. It's like a tattoo, you can't stop at one. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 93746

LOL... Oh Really???

Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado Tat
I am selling the 06 R6 Raven - Great Bike but I guess I tired of doing
160mph up and down the Colorado canyons.
Definitely want to slow down and enjoy
the Beauty of Colorado - and go where there aren't roads!!!

Hope it isn't a sign of me becoming a FOG (Freak'n Old Guy) at 41. :)

I'll still roll with my Colorado Sportbike http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/index.php Friends - just not as fast....
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Screw that...you're in your prime man, you need to get out and enjoy the scenery! Plus the bugs don't hurt near as much when they hit you in the face. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 851577 Not to mention they're easier to pick out of your teeth, cause the velocity hasn't rammed them into the back of your throat. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 93746

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
Horsman

Horsman

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:21 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Screw that...you're in your prime man, you need to get out and enjoy the scenery! Plus the bugs don't hurt near as much when they hit you in the face. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 851577 Not to mention they're easier to pick out of your teeth, cause the velocity hasn't rammed them into the back of your throat. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 93746

So you are saying, "with the New WRR" my "Protein" consumption will decrease??? or will the bugs just come at me in Slooooo Mooooo??? Noooooooooooooooo!!!! Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado Suspect
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Well...if you really want the protein you could always ride with your mouth open, I suppose... Slow mo is kinda cool, especially when you can watch the wings and gut pieces slide slowly across your goggles, leaving that cute little racing strip behind. It still dries just as ugly, but you get the full effect of impact, juice flow and gut trail so gracefully. Almost like watching synchronized swimmers! Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 163123

Back to top Go down
Horsman

Horsman

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:18 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Well...if you really want the protein you could always ride with your mouth open, I suppose... Slow mo is kinda cool, especially when you can watch the wings and gut pieces slide slowly across your goggles, leaving that cute little racing strip behind. It still dries just as ugly, but you get the full effect of impact, juice flow and gut trail so gracefully. Almost like watching synchronized swimmers! Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 163123

Guud Gawd Woman!!! Jackson Polock couldn't have painted that story any better!!!

No, we have problems with bigger winged creatures in Colorado... My one friend got hit by a Goose on his Repsol (Only Happens on a Honda).
I never laughed so hard in my life. Seeing Him fighting with the big Goose on his bike at 60mph. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 851577 I almost wrecked laughing so hard...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Ok...now you really need to go out and get Go Pro cam so you can catch these Kodak moments and get a million hits on YouTube after you upload the vid. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 810411

Back to top Go down
Horsman

Horsman

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:44 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Ok...now you really need to go out and get Go Pro cam so you can catch these Kodak moments and get a million hits on YouTube after you upload the vid. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 810411
Oh I got the GoPro Hero Wide!!! (so I don't miss nuff'n) I wish I had captured that then - it would have gone "Full Blown Viral".
I honestly thought for a second the Goose was going to win!!!
I was thinking in my head, "Run Away!!!!"
Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado Monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-02-800-75
We're a Drinking Club with a Motorcycle Problem.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 851577 That's priceless Jon...oh man.

"Damn, did you hear that? I think I heard a woodpecker hammerin' away on that telephone pole!"
"No you idiot...that was your front sprocket going through my front wheel! Dammit I told you to make sure to tighten up that nut before you took off!"
"Oh...THAT nut..."

Back to top Go down
Horsman

Horsman

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 am

SheWolf wrote:
Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 851577 That's priceless Jon...oh man.

"Damn, did you hear that? I think I heard a woodpecker hammerin' away on that telephone pole!"
"No you idiot...that was your front sprocket going through my front wheel! Dammit I told you to make sure to tighten up that nut before you took off!"
"Oh...THAT nut..."

LOL... Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 851577 cuz that's how we roll!!!!
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Welcome, Hi!
Back to top Go down
Horsman

Horsman

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:08 pm

inspector wrote:
Welcome, Hi!
Hi Inspector!!! I am trying to find a quick/Cheap Solution to the EXUP removal....
I would try to make a terminal but I would probably end up soldering it to my forehead.... any ideas on cheap solutions???
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Horsman wrote:

Hi Inspector!!! I am trying to find a quick/Cheap Solution to the EXUP removal....
I would try to make a terminal but I would probably end up soldering it to my forehead.... any ideas on cheap solutions???

Sorry, I'm a stock boy. To cheap to do mods. I just run it until it breaks then replace with something better. LOL
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:50 pm

I did it myself. No soldering, just one little resistor. No CL and no more exup. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 61865

Back to top Go down
Horsman

Horsman

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:50 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I did it myself. No soldering, just one little resistor. No CL and no more exup. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 61865

Man, you don't know me... I can screw up making a PB&J Sammich (I make it with a baseball bat!!!)
and you think I can be trusted with something that has power???
I think I will be the only person on this board with a Smokin' R2 (no really, Smoking!!! Somebody call the fire dept.)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Hey, mashin a PB&J is great for tenderizing...kinda like what I did to the neighbor's cat that was sleeping under the back wheel of my truck. Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado 640571 You can buy a plug n play unit from Graves, I think for like $64. It just plugs into where the exup plug goes once you remove it. I was rather surprised how easy it was tho when I did it. The biggest thing was finding out what wires to stuff the ends of the resistor into on the plug.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado   Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Everbody -Just got an 08 r2!!! Coming from Colorado
Page 1 of 1