Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Which Pipe??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteveRed

SteveRed

Which Pipe?? Empty
PostSubject: Which Pipe??   Which Pipe?? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 am

I already have a trusty 2007 WR250R and have just picked up another so when my mates visit from outa town, they have a bike to ride with me Which Pipe?? Lol8
... Funny, two mates who have ridden my old WRR have both asked if they
could buy the bike. Both these guys have come off bigger bikes (A G650X
and a Dakar). It only takes one good ride for the bike to sell itself...

Anyway, WHICH PIPE??? On my old bike I have a GYTR pipe with an FMF
Power bomb header and am pretty happy with that combo, however I am looking at pipes on Ebay and have to chose
between another GYTR, a Yoshimura RS2, an FMF Q4, or an HMF Competition
pipe. What's the general consensus? Who is happy or not happy with
their choice? The HMF is the cheapest and GYTR the most expensive.

Thanks in advance

Steve
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Which Pipe?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Pipe??   Which Pipe?? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:31 am

Don't you mean 2008? They didn't make the R² in 2007. I have the Q4 on mine and love it. I find the Yoshi is too loud, haven't had any exposure to anyone with one of the HMF's. If you're happy with what the GYTR did for you, why not stick with that?

D1EHARD

Which Pipe?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Pipe??   Which Pipe?? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:49 am

I have the HMF pipe. Sounds fantastic but loud as hell. Literally sounds like a 450 mx bike. They offer a quiet insert and for 20 or so bucks it's money well spent. I've got the insert in now and it still has a deep growl but not near as loud.

If you can stand the noise, the HMF pipe without the insert sounds amazing. The insert will tune down the db's some without affecting performance. I can only assume it's like the FMF Q4 and Powercore pipes.
Back to top Go down
SteveRed

SteveRed

Which Pipe?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Pipe??   Which Pipe?? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:32 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Don't you mean 2008? They didn't make the R² in 2007. I have the Q4 on mine and love it. I find the Yoshi is too loud, haven't had any exposure to anyone with one of the HMF's. If you're happy with what the GYTR did for you, why not stick with that?
Yes 2008... slip of the wrist.. I am happy with the GYTR but it is way more expensive than the other pipes, over $100 than the HMF. I want to have pipes on both bikes.

Steve
Back to top Go down
turboedmsp

Which Pipe?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Pipe??   Which Pipe?? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:29 pm

my fmf q4 has leaked from day 1 and fmf customer service would not exchange for a new one. They wanted me to return my pipe for repacking and wait for it to be returned. I got a bad taste in my mouth after that and will never buy fmf again.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Which Pipe?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Pipe??   Which Pipe?? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:34 pm

I must have got the only one that didn't leak. Which Pipe?? Suspect Pipe's holding up awesome for me.

YZEtc

Which Pipe?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Pipe??   Which Pipe?? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:40 am

No leakage on my pipe, either.
I've got the Q4 on my WR-250R and a Ti-Q on my WR-250F, with Powerbomb headers on both.
I think they're built pretty well.

Where did it leak from?
Was it at the joint of the end cap(s)?
If so, they probably didn't want to give you a new one because there was no fatal flaw with your pipe, and probably only needed some silicone sealant at the cap/canister joint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Which Pipe?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Pipe??   Which Pipe?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Pipe??
Page 1 of 1