Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions

Go down 
+7
Chrispy1200
King Wolf
CaptTurbo
SheWolf
shredak
DirtFarmer
asheville thumper
11 posters
AuthorMessage
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions Empty
PostSubject: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Picking up my 2009 wr on Thursday. bannana Sold my KLX and can't wait to get this bike. Couple of quick questions. Which skidplate is the best one? The OEM one doesn't look like it protects too much. What do you guys use and what do you like about it. What about bark busters? Any fitment issues with acerbis? I've seen the zeta ones with the blinkers, but I'm not interested in those. Let me know what yall are using (yes, I'm from the mountains of North Carolina).

Thanks everybody,

Matthew
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:58 pm

I have Flatland Racing skid plate.

Very nicely made, with good fit and finish.

I will be in Ashville May 16th - 20th on motorcycle trip. Staying at Blueridge Motorcycle camp.

Oh, my bike is right now at Flatland, being measured for extra goodies. deal
Back to top Go down
shredak

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 am

I have the one from thumpertalk it fit perfect.
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 am

DirtFarmer wrote:
I have Flatland Racing skid plate.

Very nicely made, with good fit and finish.

I will be in Ashville May 16th - 20th on motorcycle trip. Staying at Blueridge Motorcycle camp.

Oh, my bike is right now at Flatland, being measured for extra goodies. deal

Many of the area dual sport riders are staying at the Blueridge Motorcycle Camp over Easter Weekend. There are a ton of rides planned all around the surrounding areas. Thanks for the response about the skidplate. What handguards is everybody using. I used to have the Tusk D-Flex guards on the KLX and they were great. I don't want to have to cut my levers to make anything fit. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:38 am

I run a B&B Offroad skidplate from Australia. I love it...it bolts to the front of the frame and to the rear motor mounts, which I found more solid than the others. thumb No noise, vibrations, and was really nicely priced.

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:45 am

SheWolf wrote:
I run a B&B Offroad skidplate from Australia. I love it...it bolts to the front of the frame and to the rear motor mounts, which I found more solid than the others. thumb No noise, vibrations, and was really nicely priced.

I was wondering about that. I read a bunch of posts at TT and ADV with people saying they were experiencing noise and vibrations. How long did it take to get one of those plates?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:58 am

From the time they shipped it to here in Canuckland, 5 days. I have no noise from mine. It comes with rubber/foam strips that buffer the plate where it meets up with the frame.

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 11:50 pm

SheWolf wrote:
From the time they shipped it to here in Canuckland, 5 days. I have no noise from mine. It comes with rubber/foam strips that buffer the plate where it meets up with the frame.
SheWolf,
I googled for the plate, but did not see a likely source?
Bert
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 11:57 pm

B&B Offroad

Try that. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:35 am

SheWolf wrote:
B&B Offroad

Try that. thumb
That kind of protection is what HF ended up with after modifying his due to the broken hose. That looks like the best one I have seen for the R2.
Thanks for the linky!
Bert
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:45 am

There is a new option from TuboCity http://www.turbocity.com/product_info.php?cPath=69_101&products_id=755

A little spendy but very well made. I have their skid plate with the engine protection bars on my DR650 and in my opinion it offers unmatched protection. Not inexspensive though
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:13 am

Wow $177 isnt that kind of pricey? or just the going rate?
And doesnt that privent the engine from cooling a little having all that metal around it? Just wondering
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:29 pm

CaptTurbo wrote:
There is a new option from TuboCity http://www.turbocity.com/product_info.php?cPath=69_101&products_id=755

A little spendy but very well made. I have their skid plate with the engine protection bars on my DR650 and in my opinion it offers unmatched protection. Not inexspensive though

Do they sell the engine guards without the skid plate ?
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Several people here are using the CRD cover. It utilizes sticky rubber strips to avoid oscillation and noise. I have got mine laying here at work, no pictures yet, maybe later. It looks similar to the flatland skid plate with tighter shape, better fitting frame tube spacing at front section. Holes where needed. EUR 119, thats quite expensive. Probably no choice for US riders.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:14 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on the CRD products thumb

Interesting to see that they have the radiator brace too wink

Looks like a minimalist design

Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions RR_1
Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions Drcf
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:58 pm

mtb wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up on the CRD products thumb

Interesting to see that they have the radiator brace too

You might want to check this German thread with images about installing CRD radiator protection. There are some issues with installation. Needs some slight modification. I cancelled my order. However, it is in fact a useful gadget, no question. Will see.
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 4:26 pm

CRD engine protection:

Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions Crd1.th Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions Crd.th

Last edited by flatboarder on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Chrispy1200 wrote:
CaptTurbo wrote:

Do they sell the engine guards without the skid plate ?

Sorry but you need the plate too for the system to work.
Back to top Go down
Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:18 pm

King Wolf wrote:
Wow $177 isnt that kind of pricey? or just the going rate?
And doesnt that privent the engine from cooling a little having all that metal around it? Just wondering

I believe that's $177 Australian dollars.
Back to top Go down
gas_pig70

gas_pig70

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 12:30 am

I too have the Flatland Racing skid plate as well. It fits great although I did have to straighten the bend after the oil drain hole. Even with weather stripping on the rails the last little bend kind of forced the rear corners of the plate into the frame where it attaches to the cradle. No biggie, it fits great now and no rattles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions   Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Picking up 09 wr on Thursday...some questions
Page 1 of 1