Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection

Go down 
+12
Rule292
rokka
kenner
Boondocker
Jäger
Gargoyle
mtb
seattlechronic
SheWolf
Longview
eastcoastzigzag
YamWOW!
16 posters
AuthorMessage
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection Empty
PostSubject: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:32 am

I'm going to buy a Leatt neck brace and was wondering if anybody has had experience with pairing them with body armor, roost guard or a jacket? I need plenty protection as much as I crash. cry

Last edited by YamWOW! on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eastcoastzigzag

eastcoastzigzag

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 10:38 am

i bought one over the winter. i will report back asap. i will be using a six six one pro pressure suit. i have removed the back plate. to be honest i use it for the arm padding cause it all stays put the way it should. dont have to worry too much about roost in enduro racing.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection Disneyland09271-1

I went with the RockGardn Flak jacket and Leatt brace. I am really happy with the Flak jacket. Very happy The brace fits the suit great.

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:53 pm

Do you wear the Leatt under the armor or over? I have a similar set up with my Alpine Stars armor. The Leatt works pretty nicely under the suit, but then if it's wet out I have to either have my jacket a bit unzipped up top, or totally change the Leatt adjustments and wear it over top of everything. Even then it doesn't sit all that well.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Come to the dark side, Luke.... Very happy

Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Longview wrote:
Do you wear the Leatt under the armor or over? I have a similar set up with my Alpine Stars armor. The Leatt works pretty nicely under the suit, but then if it's wet out I have to either have my jacket a bit unzipped up top, or totally change the Leatt adjustments and wear it over top of everything. Even then it doesn't sit all that well.

I put the front under the Flak jacket. The picture has it over. The rear fits on top the mesh and tucks under the back plastic. Fits well. You notice the Leatt when off the bike but forget it when riding. Nice insurance! thumb

seattlechronic

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Ive been using the Leatt as well. I have the Troy Lee Rincon Armor, Troy Lee blaise Jacket and the Leatt. Both the armor and the Jacket are Leatt compatible. I will post up some pics when I get home. Great Combo here.

SC
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Which model did you all get? and from where? wink
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle

Gargoyle

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:34 am

seattlechronic wrote:
Ive been using the Leatt as well. I have the Troy Lee Rincon Armor, Troy Lee blaise Jacket and the Leatt. Both the armor and the Jacket are Leatt compatible. I will post up some pics when I get home. Great Combo here.

SC
we need pics!!!
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm cheating and wearing some of my old hockey shoulder and elbow pads that I never threw out when I went to the new stuff. Doesn't look all that much different from what you see for armour in the new pressure suits, actually. It's nice and cool and slips on and off in a heartbeat, a lot more flexible than the new external shell armour for riding.

I figure if it was good enough to protect you from a header into the boards or goal posts at 30 mph - or a butt end or a slash from some moron dreaming of making the bigs - it ain't all that bad at all.

I'll find something else, eventually.
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Leatt + RockGardN   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:54 pm

I too am using the Leatt Club neck brace and the RockGardN flak jacket just as YamWOW! describes. Being July in southern Nevada, I'm cool with the coolness of mesh on the outside, but I'm starting to think about what to wear over it all when the weather cools. Ya know, 70º F is a bit chilly for me. It seems like MX jerseys won't clear the neck brace and I don't think anything is going to clear that bigassed back brace. I figure I can wear a thermal base layer, but still need more wind and weather protection.

How about it YamWOW!, you've had a year with that rig, what can you wear over it?
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: 2009 MSR Trans Jak   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Alright then, I'll answer my own question.
2009 MSR Trans Jak
Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection 1061959795_2nwnb-S

This jack is designed to fit over body armor, and it does.
Got a good closeout deal ($67.97) at a site-sponsoring vendor, Atomic-Moto.MSR Trans Jak

Yours truly sporting a RockGarden Flak Jacket and Leatt neck brace under the jacket.
Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection 1061959899_GruaR-M

The RockGarden Flak Jacket has a back protector that would make a Stegasaurus jealous.
Back to top Go down
kenner

kenner

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:46 pm

I run the Leatte Adventure with a Tek-Vest....works well.
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: My gear   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:26 am

This is what i use and i allso use kne protection

Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection 154607-Twenty_Skyddsvast_Fram_Logga

Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection 105402-Alpinestar-skyddsbyxa

Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection 1180436834crossbow_nero_zoom
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:43 pm

Anybody using the Acerbis Cosmo? Lookin for real world sizing info. thumb
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:28 am

I use the Acerbis Cosmo jacket with the Leatt Brace. I'm 6'3" 220 and bought the XXL. It fits pretty good. A couple of things to note:

1. Loctite all screws. They will come out on the trail and you'll be forced to use zip ties to hold it together. Luckily, it comes with a bunch of extras.

2. There is an indentation on the back protector for the Leatt brace. The brace is suppose to be worn as close to your body as possible. Plus it doesn't really fit well on top anyway. I slide mine under the back protector and it works perfectly.

You can see the indention for the Leatt here.
Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection 2011-Acerbis-Cosmo-Jacket-Black-White634346697101290086

You can see the 3 screws in the middle plus the 4 screws on the shoulder that need to be loctited.
Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection 2011-Acerbis-Cosmo-Jacket-Black-White
Back to top Go down
RichardU

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:49 pm

I use the Juggernaut pressure suit, and an Omega neck brace which is open in the front, unlike Leatt. In cold weather, I wear a Firstgear Jacket (with pads removed) over the pressure suit. The Omega fits great with or without the jacket.
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:26 pm

trav72 wrote:
I use the Acerbis Cosmo jacket with the Leatt Brace. I'm 6'3" 220 and bought the XXL. It fits pretty good. A couple of things to note:

1. Loctite all screws. They will come out on the trail and you'll be forced to use zip ties to hold it together. Luckily, it comes with a bunch of extras.

2. There is an indentation on the back protector for the Leatt brace. The brace is suppose to be worn as close to your body as possible. Plus it doesn't really fit well on top anyway. I slide mine under the back protector and it works perfectly.

Thanks! I read the postings on ADVRIDER too and it seems almost everybody has a large or XL. I really like the Cosmo and want to run it with a Leatt butI hate to order a s/m which to me seems small for my 5'10" 170# size... And of course nobody local has any Acerbis stuff in stock. :(
Back to top Go down
GooseR6

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:59 pm

Good things to note. I have the exact same set up and could not be happier with it. After I took off the front plate I made some plastic 'spacers' for the front shoulder strap bolts. If anyone want pics I can post them. They kept the bolts from pulling through.

trav72 wrote:

You can see the indention for the Leatt here.
Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection 2011-Acerbis-Cosmo-Jacket-Black-White634346697101290086

You can see the 3 screws in the middle plus the 4 screws on the shoulder that need to be loctited.
Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection 2011-Acerbis-Cosmo-Jacket-Black-White
Back to top Go down
Leo167

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Noob here in the dirt....Looking to get set up in this fashion... neck brace and all
for when it gets really hot here in the north eas.Would like to try the armored shirt with a jersey over it,, instead of my perf leathers
When shopping for this armored shirt what am I looking for.. compatibility with a neck brace or are they all compatible?
what's the favorite brand or format armored shirt to go with?
Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection   Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection Empty

Back to top Go down

Leatt Neck Brace and Body protection
Page 1 of 1