Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

adjusting rear spring preload

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deerHater

adjusting rear spring preload Empty
PostSubject: adjusting rear spring preload   adjusting rear spring preload EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:42 am

The service manual says:

"NOTE: Remove the rear shock adsorber from the vehicle before adjustment"

Is that really necessary? adjusting rear spring preload Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: adjusting rear spring preload   adjusting rear spring preload EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:34 am

I never have.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: adjusting rear spring preload   adjusting rear spring preload EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Yeah, neither have I. Same as that damned bleed screw for oil changes... adjusting rear spring preload Icon_rolleyes

PostSubject: Re: adjusting rear spring preload   adjusting rear spring preload EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:18 pm

To adjust the rear spring preload, is there a Yamaha special tool?
Without removing the shock assembly, it looks very tight to try to get access to the lock ring and adjuster ring. Any tricks?

I have an ohlins 'shock spanner wrench', somewhere in my house. adjusting rear spring preload Suspect
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: adjusting rear spring preload   adjusting rear spring preload EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Tap at it with a small punch and hammer. Flat screwdriver will work as a punch too, just take your time and go easy. Get the weight off the rear wheel if you can.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: adjusting rear spring preload   adjusting rear spring preload EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks, that worked great with my old a lonnnnng flat head screwdriver. adjusting rear spring preload 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: adjusting rear spring preload   adjusting rear spring preload Empty

Back to top Go down

adjusting rear spring preload
Page 1 of 1