Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL?????????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SLOBURN

CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL????????? Empty
PostSubject: CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL?????????   CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL????????? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:29 pm

need to put a skid plate on but.......i know i have to cap the hose going to the throttle body and vent the other one but which hose is which? i don't want to tear my bike apart to do it yet so does anyone know (when looking at the canister from the front) which goes to the throttle body, the left hose or the right hose? you would really make my day if you could answer this for me. thanks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL?????????   CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL????????? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Can't answer your question about which hose is which on the canister, but it should be fairly simple to figure out. Pull both hoses off the canister and start the engine. Which one is sucking? That's the one going to the throttle body. You might have to rev the engine with your finger over the end of the hose to feel the suction.
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL?????????   CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL????????? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:12 pm

there is the hose that comes off the side of the gas tank, that is the vent hose. you can cap every thing and then just get a vented gas cap. i did mine and can't remember the whole lay out, im not with my bike right now. remember, you take one thing off it effects something else, so read all the mods to to figure out what steps to do first. the best is do it all.
Back to top Go down
NorCalWR

NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL?????????   CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL????????? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Why can't you just leave the tube that comes from the tank and use that as an open vent instead of plugging it and getting a vented cap? My co-worker rides a v-star and he just had a local shop remove all of his smog stuff including the carbon canister and they ran a longer vent tube down the frame instead of plugging it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL?????????   CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL????????? Empty

Back to top Go down

CALI CHARCOAL CANISTER REMOVAL?????????
Page 1 of 1