Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dual trip meters

Go down 
+3
mtb
Louisbiker
mwakey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mwakey

mwakey

Dual trip meters Empty
PostSubject: Dual trip meters   Dual trip meters EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 11:30 pm

What do most of you use the second trip meter for? I have been resetting both when I fill up with gas, but I have been thinking the second one could be used for other stuff. Say to remind you it's time to lube the chain or something like that. Instead of trying to remember how long it's been since you lubed the chain last time, why not use the second trip meter to keep track of miles for you? Or you could use it to keep track of oil change intervals as well.
Back to top Go down
Louisbiker

Louisbiker

Dual trip meters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual trip meters   Dual trip meters EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:54 am

I don't use mine at all...

I look at the chain to see if it needs oil. and i write the mileage on the new oil filter box and keep it.

I can't think of a use for it. dunno
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

Dual trip meters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual trip meters   Dual trip meters EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 4:15 am

while we are on this.... do you think the bike will run without the stock meter? wink
Back to top Go down
proview

proview

Dual trip meters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual trip meters   Dual trip meters EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 5:06 am

mtb wrote:
while we are on this.... do you think the bike will run without the stock meter? wink
I can't see why not, because it does not control anything. It's only a display. Not sure what you would do for error code notification though amazon
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

Dual trip meters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual trip meters   Dual trip meters EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:54 pm

I'm planning on doing a lot of road/dirt/trail weekend adventures - plan on using one meter for fuel, and the other for overall mileage on trips: "huh - I rode xxx miles this weekend!" kinda stuff.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Dual trip meters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual trip meters   Dual trip meters EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:03 am

mtb wrote:

Unplug it and let us know.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

Dual trip meters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual trip meters   Dual trip meters EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:06 am

mwakey wrote:

Your bike is cleaner.... less chance of getting the plugs dirty... you first wink
Back to top Go down
Fargo_Wolf

Fargo_Wolf

Dual trip meters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual trip meters   Dual trip meters EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:07 am

mwakey wrote:
What do most of you use the second trip meter for?

My guess would be one for total distance and the second you could reset each time you stop.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Dual trip meters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual trip meters   Dual trip meters EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:10 am

I use mine for fuel economy. Reset it every fill. thumb

mwakey

Dual trip meters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual trip meters   Dual trip meters EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 am

mtb wrote:
mwakey wrote:

Your bike is cleaner.... less chance of getting the plugs dirty... you first wink

OK, but it'll have to wait until this weekend. Too late now to be tearing into the bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dual trip meters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual trip meters   Dual trip meters Empty

Back to top Go down

Dual trip meters
Page 1 of 1