Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hour Meters vs Miles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motocrossmann

Hour Meters vs Miles Empty
PostSubject: Hour Meters vs Miles   Hour Meters vs Miles EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Ok, so I'm a little off topic here... My two other bikes don't have odometers, and I just installed hour meters on them. Any advice on translating the manual's maintenance mileage numbers into hours? One upon a time I used to ride quite a bit and would just replace oil/etc twice a year or so. Now, it is a rarer occurance (new baby), so I'm hoping to use an hour meter to better keep track of things.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Hour Meters vs Miles   Hour Meters vs Miles EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:39 pm

Hey MXMann... You must have challenged thought here.

Nice choice on bikes. thumb

My recommendation would be to go out on your average ride (maybe even using the CRFx that has has an odometer) and ride for an hour and note the miles.

Do this two or three times (more if you like) and average the MPH and simply use that as your basis-of-estimate for the hour meter.
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: Re: Hour Meters vs Miles   Hour Meters vs Miles EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Good idea. I removed the ODO on the 450X, but I could slap it back on or just fire up the GPS on my phone for a day.

BTW, that is quite the fleet of bikes you have! I thought I was doing good with 3!

EDIT:
Just realized there is both a standard maintenance schedule and a competition schedule in my CRF450X manual. The regular schedule says every 600 miles. The competition schedule says every 15 hours. I guess there is my answer! While I'm not beating the heck out of my X, like it would if I were racing it, 15-20 hours is probably about all the riding I do in a season these days!
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Hour Meters vs Miles   Hour Meters vs Miles EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 10:10 am

Even if you don't put many hours on it, I would still think changing the oil at least once a year is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: Re: Hour Meters vs Miles   Hour Meters vs Miles EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 10:52 am

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hour Meters vs Miles   Hour Meters vs Miles Empty

Back to top Go down

Hour Meters vs Miles
Page 1 of 1