Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread

Go down 
+32
Evol
Zoltan
FG250WRR
Protosouls
4play
sportsterchop200
pbnut
YAMAHAPPY
grnd0
Jungle Man
oic0
Just Bob
Mikechicago
rktpacnwest
DougZ
Toddwr250r
Yamaguy55
RimBenty
ramz
eakins
Alan Case
little squirt
e010584
Tammy
Mr.Metal
njbill
YZEtc
gatorfan
BigBird
YamWOW!
mtb
Machtig
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
4play

4play

The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread   The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 9:25 pm

I have my WR306R pretty well they way I want it so I was curious about the weight. On a digital scale it weighed 299 ready to go exploring. That includes a full to the rim 3.1 gallon IMS tank, my 7.5lb tool bag complete with tools/tubes/etc, GPS.

The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 20140627_175227

I have admittedly lusted after a KTM350XCF W. They are listed as 236 lbs without fuel.
Add 20lbs for the same amount of fuel plus 1 lb for the larger fuel tank is 257, add my 7.5lb tool bag 264.5.
Add a steering stabilizer, skid pan, hand guards, radiator guards, a rack, a GPS & you are easily at 280.

So  the KTM is 19lbs lighter in the same configuration. I see 19lbs of un necessary me in the mirror.
Back to top Go down
FG250WRR

FG250WRR

PostSubject: Weight of ims 3'1gal   The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 3:52 am

YamWOW! wrote:
Machtig wrote:
With special thanks to derangedhermit's thread on the weight of most of the stock parts and some of the aftermarket parts, I thought I'd start a thread listing all of the verified weight savings for these bikes. We did this over on one of the car forums I frequent and found it possible to remove over 300lbs from an M5 without compromising the luxury the car offered. So, can we get the WR250R less than 250lbs?? Lets find out how much weight can still be removed, while keeping the bike somewhat civilized. Please add your verified items to the list as I know I've missed a few. I would like to keep this thread business only, so please keep the chatter to a minimum. Let the games begin

• Removal of passenger footpegs($0): -27.1oz
  • Replacement of muffler, header, factory heatsheilds, EXUP valve/servo/wiring with FMF muffler, header, and one of the fuel programmers($800-$1000): -71oz
  • Removal of airbox flapper($0): -9.2oz[/b

• Replacement of stock battery with VoltPhreaks lightweight battery($480) or Gybe SuperB 230($??): -36oz(voltphreaks)to -56oz(Gybe)
  • Removal of kickstand saftey switch and wiring($0): -4oz
  • Removal of Air Injection System($0): -17oz
  • Replacement of rear tail light/blinkers with DRZ setup ($100): -27.9oz
  • Replacement of rear sprocket with Renthal Ultralight sprocket ($70): -19.0oz
  • Replacement of factory US spec headlight and shroud with Japanese spec headlight and shroud ($110): -7.6oz
  • Removal of front reflectors ($0): -3.2oz
  • Replacement of stock front tire with Michelin Cross AC10 80/120-21: -15.0oz
  • Replacement of stock rear tire with Michelin Cross AC10 100/100-18: -16.0oz

Back to top Go down
Zoltan

Zoltan

PostSubject: Weight   The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 4:49 pm

I trail ride a lot. Is all this effort really worth about 15lbs? I don't see the need unless I'm missing something? I rode motocross so I get cutting weight to be lighter with jumps and turning but I'm not sure about a dual sport. I guess if you plan on adding weight to it with luggage, then I can see the offset balance. thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread   The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 7:24 pm

Lighter = Better power to weight ratio & better handling.
And that goes for on and off road.
Back to top Go down
RadicalRaul

RadicalRaul

PostSubject: Re: The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread   The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Yamaguy55 wrote:
RimBenty wrote:
My son and I changed the oil on our bikes today. First oil change on his used bike. We both have Flatland skid plates and we found his was drilled out to make it lighter. I used the wifes kitchen scale to check and the difference is about 5 ounces.
Do you think 5 ounces down that low will make much of a difference?

The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 P2190225

No, but the improved air flow and resulting cooling will.  The holes in my Flatland are the large original ones on both of yours, but I had them add them across the front.

Five will get you ten, it was drilled out to make it quieter.
Back to top Go down
TioJose

TioJose

PostSubject: Weight 2lbs   The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Complete side stand +2lbs.
It carrys a set of heavy springs to hold it up.
Contains a thick wall tube, discovered while shortening it an inch.
Must be designed to hold 2 at 69. scratch
Yes its a WR250R and very happy with it.

Back to top Go down
Dualstroke

PostSubject: Re: The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread   The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 11:58 pm

Anyone removed the kickstand? Most of my dirt bikes never had one, and ya figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Starpower

PostSubject: Re: The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread   The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 12:36 pm

I read mention of the steel tank, my used '13 WRR had a black plastic tank that I replaced with the 3g IMS. What's up with the tanks? Steel, plastic??
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread   The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Starpower wrote:
I read mention of the steel tank, my used  '13 WRR had a black plastic tank that I replaced with the 3g IMS. What's up with the tanks? Steel, plastic??

The WR250R is sold with a steel fuel tank.
A plastic tank mounted to one was done by somebody after they bought the bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread   The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The official WR250R/X weight reduction thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3