Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ToaadWR

ToaadWR

AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal? Empty
PostSubject: AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal?   AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:25 pm

Hello all,

I removed my AIS and stuck open the air flapper and now i find the bike is a little harder to start when it is cold. It takes 2 tries for the bike to start now and it never did before. Has any one else experienced this problem? I am worried because it gets quite cold in the winter and i dont want to have problems starting this thing.

I have not noticed much power or popping decrease from doing this mod and i am half tempted to put the flapper back together if its going to cause hard cold starts.

I am wondering if every one experiences this or is this just me? Note my temp when starting is around 50 degrees fahrenheit and i am not too far above sea level. And its only the cold start onces its warm there are no problems.
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal?   AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:36 pm

yeah, it's probably running a little lean now!

lean is bad when it's cold!

i don't think removing the ais without doing something with the cat is approved........
Back to top Go down
ToaadWR

ToaadWR

PostSubject: Re: AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal?   AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 am

yeah i mean i have the full fmf q4 pb and pc so the cat is gone
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal?   AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:55 am

well then is your pc doing it's job? settings correct, and whatnot?

kiss
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal?   AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 6:36 am

Whenever I put a Power Commander on my bike, I also noticed it takes a couple cranks to fire the engine.
This was the case with my 2007 SV-650 and was the case with my 2008 WR-250R.
The FMF Power Programmer I now have on the WR-250R fires up right away.

Either way, no big deal.

I noticed quite a bit more performance and (very important) much better throttle response with the flapper eliminated, the AIS removed, the PC (or FMF programmer), full FMF exhaust system.
Much lower gearing is also important if you want acceleration. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal?   AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal? Empty

Back to top Go down

AIS/Flapper removed, hard cold start normal?
Page 1 of 1