Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wolfman tankbag PSA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deerHater

Wolfman tankbag PSA Empty
PostSubject: Wolfman tankbag PSA   Wolfman tankbag PSA EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:28 am

I really like mine, it's very functional and well made. But if you're used to using magnetic bags on big steel gastanks, do NOT forget to 'stow' the excess strap after cinching the headstrap - it is long enough to reach the exhaust header. And if only 6 kms from home stopped at a traffic light you smell something and see a wiff of smoke and immediatley suspect oil or cooling fluid seepage or small leak and there are no idiot lights lit up, CHECK your tankbag straps! Wolfman tankbag PSA 724854

On the plus side now I don't need to trim the excess strap, and have another reason to get an FMF megabomb header. Wolfman tankbag PSA 986936
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman tankbag PSA   Wolfman tankbag PSA EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:48 am

Along those lines... ....AND, if you take the tank bag off (perhaps to clean the bike) and didn't install the retainer bungee strap Wolfman tankbag PSA 986936 , don't forget to either take the side tie-down straps completely OFF, or stow them in a manner so when you go out around the block to blow the water off, the straps don't get somewhere (the number of places) you don't want them !

Safety first ! Wolfman tankbag PSA 93746
Back to top Go down
okdq

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman tankbag PSA   Wolfman tankbag PSA EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:37 pm

deerHater wrote:
I really like mine, it's very functional and well made. But if you're used to using magnetic bags on big steel gastanks, do NOT forget to 'stow' the excess strap after cinching the headstrap - it is long enough to reach the exhaust header. And if only 6 kms from home stopped at a traffic light you smell something and see a wiff of smoke and immediatley suspect oil or cooling fluid seepage or small leak and there are no idiot lights lit up, CHECK your tankbag straps! Wolfman tankbag PSA 724854

On the plus side now I don't need to trim the excess strap, and have another reason to get an FMF megabomb header. Wolfman tankbag PSA 986936

Been there, done exactly that!

And on a semi-related note, if you have the wolfman saddle bags and you happen to undo the compression strap to get in...say...the right bag, and a few miles down the road you start to loose power, and than the rear end starts to squat, then all of a sudden there is a pop and so you pull over as quick as you can to check out what you think can only be a blown rear shock, then you start to notice a black nylon strap all tangled up in your rear brake caliper and you're thinking how the hell did I pick that up off the road, then with a little brilliant sleuthing you determine some idiot forgot to fasten the compression strap on the saddlebag! Then I'm thinking, dang (yeah that's the word I'm thinking) I just ruined 1/2 of my brand new (first ride with them on the bike) wolfman enduro saddle bags.

But it gets better (??), lucky for me, I have a bungee cord in my brand new LEFT wolfman enduro saddle bag that I can use to make an emergency field repair to the RIGHT bag. Like me at the time, you're thinking I just snapped off my right strap by forgetting to fasten it, surely you wouldn't forget to fasten the left one that you only opened to repair the right one, well you and I would both be WRONG! So, with the right bag emergency repaired with a bungee strap, I continue heading for home and all I can think about is how I just ruined the left side of my brand new wolfman enduro saddle bag and wonder if they sell 1/2 a set and how much is that going to cost. Lost in this fog of wonderment, I feel the bike struggling power wise...again and the rear end starts to squat...again. What the heck! Stop and check it out and and there more nylon strapping but this time it's caught up in my chain and rear sprocket...must have missed that at the last stop and I'll just take it out and be off. Hmmm, where is the strap for my left bag...unbelievable you think...well, believe it because sadly it's true. At this point the only excuse is I must have gotten too hot...except it's February! I'm sloooowly coming to the realization I'm an idiot, and wondering how I've survived life long enough to make it into my 50's!

One the plus side, Eric at Wolfman treated me right, very right, when I sent them in to be repaired and they were repaired and I didn't have to buy brand new saddle bags. But now I have this taunting fear of putting them back on and going for a ride...surely it couldn't happen a third time...could it?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman tankbag PSA   Wolfman tankbag PSA EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:05 pm

They say things happen in three's.... eeek

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman tankbag PSA   Wolfman tankbag PSA Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolfman tankbag PSA
Page 1 of 1