Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wolfman racks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackdog

Blackdog

Wolfman racks Empty
PostSubject: Wolfman racks   Wolfman racks EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:08 am

Can someone post a picture of the left side rack. I want to see how it's mounted. Thanks
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

Wolfman racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks   Wolfman racks EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:09 pm

How's this:

Wolfman racks IMG_1587
Back to top Go down
Bikeman

Wolfman racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks   Wolfman racks EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:37 pm

In case it's hard to see it mounts to the helmet lock area at top and the passenger foot peg holes at the bottom. There is a spot to relocate your helmet lock to by the lower mount area.
Back to top Go down
Blackdog

Blackdog

Wolfman racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks   Wolfman racks EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:01 am

Bikeman wrote:
In case it's hard to see it mounts to the helmet lock area at top and the passenger foot peg holes at the bottom. There is a spot to relocate your helmet lock to by the lower mount area.

Thank you, that's just what I needed. I'm buying just the left side to mount a RotoPax tank and wanted to make sure the rack was strong enough.
Back to top Go down
Bikeman

Wolfman racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks   Wolfman racks EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:14 am

Yes it's plenty strong for the rotopack. I have a 1 gallon rotopack on mine plus the expedition duffle and it's solid as a rock.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

Wolfman racks Empty
PostSubject: compatible with passenger pegs, & GYTR rack?   Wolfman racks EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:05 am

Do the Wolfman rack require removal of passenger pegs? Or can they be kept by using longer bolts?

Are the Wolfman racks compatible with the GYTR rack, or is there interference with the 2 forward mounting points?

Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

Wolfman racks Empty
PostSubject: I guess I have my answer...   Wolfman racks EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:48 pm

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Brycen Zolnick wrote:
Hi Jon,

Unfortunately it will require some modification to get these racks to work together, the problem is that they share the mounting points at the helmet lock and just above the exhaust. Some people have gotten it to work, but we don’t know how or what they did. Just for reference in case you might want to consider modifying something, the mount tabs on our racks are ¼” thick. Also, they do not require the passenger pegs to be removed.

Thanks Jon, let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Brycen Zolnick
Sales and Technical Support

brycen@wolfmanluggage.com

Office (800) 535-8131 ext.106
(303) 651-6022 ext. 106
Fax (303) 651-6023

To: savanah@wolfmanluggage.com
Subject: WR250R Wolfman luggage set-up

Hello.

I have a new-to-me 2009 Yamaha WR250R, for which I am trying to find the optimal luggage solution. An image of my cart is attached to show what I am considering.

I already have a GYTR (Yamaha factory) rear rack. See photo & instruction sheet (bolts to helmet lock on left, and to existing hole beside exhaust hanger on right). I don't want to lose the rear rack to add side-racks (I need it to support a Rollie).

Some rack systems require removal of passenger pegs; I also don't want to lose my passenger pegs.

Please confirm whether the Wolfman racks will work with passenger pegs and my GYTR rack.

Thank you!

Jon
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

Wolfman racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks   Wolfman racks EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:17 pm

When I rec'd that email from Wolfman in the post above this one, I bought their E-12 saddlebags. I like them and they were a lot cheaper.

Numerous riders have since confirmed they were able to mount the Wolfman luggage racks with GYTR tail rack. They use common mounting points so apparently some minor tweaking was req'd. but I wanted to post in case someone else is considering this combination. There are photos of this in the WR250 thread in Thumpers on ADVRider.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wolfman racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks   Wolfman racks Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolfman racks
Page 1 of 1