Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Best Mod For Improving Low End Power

Go down 
+8
Midnite171
LacRouge
ZED
yellowredlight
3KGT_Maddness
SheWolf
mattf
granite4brains
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
grubbie

grubbie

Best Mod For Improving Low End Power - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Mod For Improving Low End Power   Best Mod For Improving Low End Power - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:14 am

Crazy Monkey wrote:
I originally went with a 12 tooth and loved it. It didn't seem to affect my top end much because the bike didn't have the hp to wind out in 6th anyway. I did however just get the 13 back on and put a 45 in the rear (this puts you a little lower then half way between stock and 12 in front). My resons were 3 fold. 1 I got tired of winding the bike so high on the highway and burning all my gass, 2 I was finding the shiftpoint between first and second inconvenient during technical riding (on the track and in gnarly woods) I kept wishing I could use first for more then just starting out. 3 It was difficult to ride wheelies since it seemed to always be time to shift just as the front tire was leaving the ground. The only way to do it was to pull it up in second by jerking back on the handlebars like a 10 year old on a huffy.
I couldnt ride a wheelie if my life depended on it, let alone shift while doing it. It would be nice to be able to pull the front wheel off the ground by just goosing the throttle while in 1st gear, for trail riding purposes. I would also like to be able to "tractor" up hills a bit slower. This thing doesn't like to lug down, likes the higher rpms. My other bikes I can go a lot slower while climbing. Can't seem to find the part on JT's website. Looking for a 12t, If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
andy mac

PostSubject: Re: Best Mod For Improving Low End Power   Best Mod For Improving Low End Power - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:53 am

grubbie wrote:
Can't seem to find the part on JT's website. Looking for a 12t, If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
JT 1590.12 Best Mod For Improving Low End Power - Page 2 93746
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Best Mod For Improving Low End Power   Best Mod For Improving Low End Power - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:49 am

Best Mod For Improving Low End Power - Page 2 61865 That's the one I have.

granite4brains

PostSubject: Re: Best Mod For Improving Low End Power   Best Mod For Improving Low End Power - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Finally put on the 12 tooth sprocket last night and went for a test spin. Seems real nice so far. Went up a cpl twisty hillclimbs that I would start to bog on in 2nd and had some powerband this time. I was a little surprised how much it geared down 3rd, and especially 4th and 5th. It almost seemed to have more of an effect here than on the low end. But, I need to ride it more still to really get a feel for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Mod For Improving Low End Power   Best Mod For Improving Low End Power - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Mod For Improving Low End Power
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2