Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Headlight protection?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hughtwg

Headlight protection? Empty
PostSubject: Headlight protection?   Headlight protection? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:15 pm

Anyone know where I can get some thick vinyl headlight protection? I'm looking for the heavier duty stuff not the 14 mil.

Thanks,
Hugh
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Headlight protection?   Headlight protection? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:21 pm

I'd be interested in that too! I heard you can't replace (they don't sell) just the lens so if your lens breaks you gotta buy a whole new headlight!!!
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Headlight protection?   Headlight protection? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:00 pm

I saw this on a post recently:
Quote :
My headlight got broke by a tree that reached out & smashed it while woods riding. Yamaha's absurd price for a replacement drove to try a friend Baja Designes rectangular headlight (about $40). It was a perfect fit.
Back to top Go down
hughtwg

PostSubject: Re: Headlight protection?   Headlight protection? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:14 pm

This is what I'm looking for but Aerostich doesn't seem to carry it anymore
http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250Rmods.htm#headlightshield

It's cool that we can get reasonably cheap replacements but I'm planning on spending a month doing the TAT so replacing the light isn't really an option if it breaks.
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Headlight protection?   Headlight protection? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:05 am

I googled a bit and found some 30mil film:
http://www.xpel.com/products/bulk.asp
bottom of the page.

There is a data sheet link (in red) that describes the product.

I saw some eBay products in the google results, but didn't check them out.

When I run out of what I have, I'll try the 30mil X-PEL product. It's under $20 for a square foot.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Headlight protection?   Headlight protection? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:43 am

Found a more specific headlight application on the same website. Here's the link http://www.xpel.com/products/universalhl.asp
Back to top Go down
hughtwg

PostSubject: Re: Headlight protection?   Headlight protection? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks for the links to the xpel site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headlight protection?   Headlight protection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Headlight protection?
Page 1 of 1