Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sticker Protection

Go down 
+3
asheville thumper
inspector
WRRSam
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WRRSam

WRRSam

Sticker Protection Empty
PostSubject: Sticker Protection   Sticker Protection EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:57 pm

Don't know if this should be here or in Maintenance.
Sticker Protection Dscn4910

This is my bike after 1112km. Of these 140km was MUD which combined with my riding pants forms sandpaper.
The black paint has also came off my frame above the foot pegs.
Has this happened to any one else?
And how can I stop it.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Sticker Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Protection   Sticker Protection EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:08 pm

Paint rubbing off the frame happens to us all, even the ones that are not black. Some people use a 3M mylar product. Just cut to desired dimensions. For the stickers.....I got nothing.
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Sticker Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Protection   Sticker Protection EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:36 am

I think it looks good thumb Looks like you ride it! wink

Man, I like those white plastics....
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Sticker Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Protection   Sticker Protection EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 6:53 am

What you do is buy what are known as clear number plate backgrounds, cut to shape, and put them over the decals when they're still fresh.
These are basically thick, clear decals, themselves.
It works well as I've done it many times on past bikes.
Back to top Go down
lancek

Sticker Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Protection   Sticker Protection EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:36 am

Hey Sam I have similar on mine in many places - due to similar issue too - just wish ours was mud - but its not - its the mass of red dust we have up here...

Not too fussed with the stickers or plastics though - I have another spot on the panels that cover the air filter and same on other side, my boots have worn a nice patch in them.

Scratches on the frames are a bugger though... especially with the black frames - in hindsight I should have used some clear stickers - like thick vinyl almost - similar to what came with my mountain bike.

What are people doing to repair the black frames and does anyone know where you can buy replacement sticker sets from? I have seen some very cool stickers on this forum - I like the plain and at times old school stuff and wouldnt mind some replacement one... once these ones are totally gone

Riding tomorrow whoooo hooooo wings
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

Sticker Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Protection   Sticker Protection EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:28 pm

My stickers are ripping off from tree branches catching them just right, tip overs on rocks, and so on. The top "laminate" is actually peeling away from the stickers... but I really don't care. I like the worn look.
Back to top Go down
skierd

Sticker Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Protection   Sticker Protection EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 am

I just took the stickers off, I like the blue of the tank shrouds. Do wish there was some way to cover up the scuffs on the frame, other than just riding the damn thing, but there are so many other scratches, scrapes, and gouges on the bike that its an afterthought anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sticker Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Protection   Sticker Protection Empty

Back to top Go down

Sticker Protection
Page 1 of 1