Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?

Go down 
+12
madmmmike
adamcarp
andy mac
Trailmoto
PonchoV
dtx
mattf
WRRSam
Tammy
SheWolf
X-Racer
ZED
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tammy

Tammy

Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Pine Hill Enduro May 1st
Come down Sat at around 4:pm to get your paper work taking care of. And you can camp out Sat night in the woods with the rest of us or if you live near by came back first thing in the AM.. You would run C 250 class in the back and if you have trouble out in the woods someone will be out to help you. Maybe me if it's within the first 10 miles... I have a good feeling it's going to be the best sand run in 2011..

Keytime is 9:00am so you have time to get to the race Sunday morning.. Just ride the run and not keep any time. If you can stay on your Min you will do good...

I have a Ford Van with Yam on the sides in blue, be hard to miss me. I'll be down there all day Sat and Sun...

When your done join one of the clubs... Mine is CJCR or OCCR is another good club.. Both ride out of the same woods BB..

PDF file
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Great! As of right now I'm in! I just have to make sure I don't have anything scheduled that weekend. I'm pretty sure I don't. Otherwise I'll look for you on Saturday around 4. I live relatively close so no need to camp.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 pm

The ECEA is a good club and even tho we do have a lot of real AA and A riders racing is still a lot of fun and safe. If your a bit slow ask for a late min, in the back and you will have a lot of fun... I like to run way up front on the rock runs and just love to get passed by the A and AA guys... My god are they crazy fast fun stuff... Oh and the people are the best, I think that is the best part for me anyways....
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Tammy,
Sounds like yer doin the best you can.
My wife and I just bought some property in Ripley WV.
Would be fun to ride with you and your group.
Ever consider doing some of the dual sport rides?
I go by myself now cause all the guys I know are strict dirt riders.
It is fun to do the mix of dirt and street. No points no trophy but fun.
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:40 pm

just found out my local supermoto racing series is not going to happen this year. kind of bummed, guess I'll just be doing open practice track days which isn't all bad, more laps that way. just not sure anyone will be maintaining the dirt section/jumps.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:05 pm

I'll get in some races I know I'll be doing the hardest rock run of the yr in May. If I'm going to DNF it's best to DNF on the tuffest race of the yr poser2 I'll be at some of the DS rides in NJ, PA, NY and CT..
I would love to do a week down in WV on the trails they have. Was told they are a lot of fun and you have miles and miles of good stuff...
Go to DS rides lots of rides not too far from you...
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks for the info.
I will check it out.
part our moving from Washington state is that eveything is gated and locked.
When I was growing up you could ride anywere. now just a few OHV parks and a few short trails. Wild, but true. I ride horses also and it is the same deal on the horse trails.

Just a reminder to all.
The environmentalists will use anything they can to shut down land access. So be vigilant at taking care of what you have. Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 61865
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:28 pm

yep and don't post pic's and vid's of your riding. Even if it's a safe place to ride they use it and say we're riding in places we should not be in and look at the mess we make... It's going to get real tuff real soon if we don't do the right thing...
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Tammy wrote:
yep and don't post pic's and vid's of your riding. Even if it's a safe place to ride they use it and say we're riding in places we should not be in and look at the mess we make... It's going to get real tuff real soon if we don't do the right thing...

I really wish the enduro clubs would stop pushing this agenda. If all the clubs, and bike dealers, and recreational riders stood together, and fought for their right to use the land as well, the greenie organizations would not have the foot hold they do. Instead, people wanna hide and try to keep it all secret.....BS in my opinion. One reason I am happy I know I am not staying in this state for long.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Doug it's not just NJ it's all over and it's not like we don't fight we do.. The greenie play dirty and they say we use land that is not to be used and they do it when no one is around to say it's BS...

On the other side if you ride off road you know what it's like so you really don't need to see pics of someones ride. I take lots of pics for me to remember but I keep them in my computer or show them to people in person that don't ride off road...

Now for the one part that no one seem to ever get is we don't have a right to ride anything or anywhere. Riding is not a right nor is the uses of the land to do as we wish on it... We don't have a right to ride a street bike or drive a car....

As for the clubs. Well I'm too new to know all that goes on but I do know one member of my club walked with a GPS 70 miles to lay out our Enduro and has to hope they let us use the land he layed out.. I was giving 10 miles of firecut to clean up and it's no fun job. The money the club has to lay out and then hope the number of riders that show up to race covers the cost.. It's a lot of work and it's been going on for longer then you and I have been alive and it can all be gone in the next 5 yrs..

This would be real sad cuz Enduros in NJ go back to the 30's

1923-29 Offroad motorcycle trail riding begins to gain popularity in NJ as riders convert street and military motorcycles for offroad use on sand roads and trails.

1930 - Meteor Motorcycle became the first NJ enduro club.

I know a lot of people got on you for this on ADV and it got ugly and I don't think it should of got that way and I understand how you may feel. But a lot of people have a lot of history in the pines and would like to keep it open so they can hand it down to there kids...

For me I can't stand riding the pines cuz of the sand. I know it's not as hard on my body or my bike but I fine riding rock more fun and easy over sand so if it went away I don't think I would cry but it's not all about me so I care about the pines as much as I do the land I ride in PA..

The Land I ride in PA is going away too.. Just ask around and people from all over will say the same. places to ride is hard to come by....

Forget the BS and just go ride and have fun...
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 am

yeah, I am leaving the BS of this issue over at ADV. I appreciate your feedback...do not agree 100% with all of it, but can still respect your point of view.

I have not even posted up over there that I have a WRR now...no need for any of the asshats to know I got a new bike....and I'd like to keep it that way. Keeps everything BS free.

Do not fear the sand. Fall in the rocks, you can break bones....fall in the sand..you break into laughter. Very happy thumb
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Not my game I just play it the way they ask me to... The BS can get deeper then the sand at times but as long as we can ride I'm happy...

do not agree 100% with all of it,
No one really does..

Sand is not hard I just don't like the deep whoops. With my lungs being as bad as they are the deep sand whoops make me lung out real fast. In the woods without the whoops the trails get to easy and that's not fun.. Rocks are just fun and no one care that your riding out in the woods cuz most of it is so bad you can't walk it...

Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:49 pm

Just raced the Virginia City Grand Prix In Nevada.
The ol WR did Great! try the link below. Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 942737

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNlUlQJx2IQ
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:04 pm

That down hill was funny... Only way down a hill is on the gas. Took a lil bit for me to get used to it but the faster you go the better it is....

Bet you had fun... Keep going
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:40 pm

RT3856 wrote:
Just raced the Virginia City Grand Prix In Nevada.
The ol WR did Great! try the link below. Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 942737

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNlUlQJx2IQ

Ouch..were you and the other guy ok on that off, were he passed you and then lost it?? I did love how the cursing could be heard over the music. Very happy
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:04 pm

Man, sitting in those traffic jams in the dust inhaling 2 stroke exhaust would have driven me crazy! Any damage to you or the bike in that crash? Overall it looks like a great event! I wish I had access to that type of riding!
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:21 pm

trav72 wrote:
Man, sitting in those traffic jams in the dust inhaling 2 stroke exhaust would have driven me crazy! Any damage to you or the bike in that crash? Overall it looks like a great event! I wish I had access to that type of riding!

If you have access to a freeway you can come next year.
I used to race moto-x my knick name was crash and burn Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 490865
There is this desease called brain fade I had it and still battle with it.
It directly influences your wrist. if somebody tries to pass you your brain fades and your throttle wrist takes over. Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 851577
So anyway my mantra was "gotta be able to work Monday" Not a winning slogan, but! it does help the pay check.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3