Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Today I ordered

Go down 
+8
ZED
WRoldman
3KGT_Maddness
xcel
Matty
Tammy
SheWolf
motokid
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:20 pm

A 13 tooth Renthal front sprocket
A 48 tooth steel rear sprocket
A 114 link x-ring chain (included master link)
New Smith goggles with mirrored shield

(from rockymountianatv.com)

Happy Birthday to me. Today I ordered 379944

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:22 pm

Oh wow...Happy Birthday hon! Today I ordered 525406 Hope you're having a great day, and don't skin your knuckles putting that stuff on. Today I ordered 61865

motokid

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:26 pm

A tad bit premature....birthday is Friday.

If I'm lucky I'll get parts on my birthday.

No matter though....early next week will be fine too.

I can't wait to remove stock chain and rear sprocket.

But I can at least wait a few more days.

But thanks any way. Today I ordered 723941 Today I ordered 525406 Today I ordered 500735

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Happy Birthday!

Go ride, enjoy your day...
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:12 am

HBD..... have a good one.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:15 pm

UPS tracking says June 1st for delivery. Had I ordered one day earlier I'd have had my stuff today I think.

Oh well...perhaps I can find some good mud puddles tomorrow and get her all dirty all over again.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:25 am

Happy B-Day Motokid:

And with presents like those about to show up at your door, I hope you have many more just like it!

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:25 am

Got my box of stuff yesterday evening. Love the new Smith goggles.

Gearing and chain replacement will have to wait for weekend.

What's the easiest, fastest way to remove/cut stock chain? I do not own a grinder or Dremel tool.

Can I drill out a rivet easily? Drive a large flatblade screw-driver between links?

Also, how do I know if the stock sprocket bolts can be used with new rear sprocket? I know some require new bolt kits. There was nothing on the rockymountainatv site that said I'd need a bolt kit.

What determines if new ones are needed?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:34 am

When I replaced my chain, I just went ahead and removed the entire swing arm. This way I could re-grease needed areas. It also allowed me to save the stock chain just in case of the event that I somehow trash my x-ring.

But the easiest and fastest would technically be a nice set of bolt cutters and just cut the chain.

As for the sprocket bolts. Unless the sprocket requires tapered bolts, you should be able to use the stock ones.

Also, when I ordered my new chain, the master link included was a rivet style. Thats fine and dandy but if you even want to easily remove the chain without a dremel or grinder, I suggest buying the clip style master link. They are like $8, and will allow you to remove the chain very easily and without having to cut anything.

Also Also, Why did you go with a 114? Not that it makes much of any difference, but you could have gone with a 111 with a 13/48 setup. And then you wouldnt need to adjust the rear tire further back on the swing arm. Which would translate to easier wheelies because the rear wheel would be closer to the source of rotation. I know we are only talking about probably 1" but these are the types of things that I think of. Very happy
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:34 am

Rule of thumb I thought was one link for every additonal tooth.

I went 6 teeth over stock, so I added 6 to 108 and got 114.

Is that not correct?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:52 am

I'm thinking that's gonna be a bit long... Today I ordered 29721

motokid

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Well...I was able to borrow a dremel from work...so cutting a few links out if needed won't be a huge issue. Today I ordered 61865

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:26 pm

It's better to be long than too short. Today I ordered 93746

motokid

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:28 pm

SheWolf wrote:
It's better to be long than too short. Today I ordered 93746

Go ahead...say it again. Today I ordered 810411

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:41 pm

What...I think everyone would agree long is better than short.Today I ordered 54

WRoldman

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:19 pm

Still talking about chains, right? Today I ordered 986936
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi WRoldman:

I think chains stopped being discussed about half way up the page Today I ordered 93746
I think I will sit back and watch how this one ... Hmmm ... "develops" Today I ordered 163123

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Today I ordered 3457
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:23 pm

If MotoKid goes with a shorty he'll be sooooooorry.....

motokid

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:32 am

From what I'm hearing....public opinion is I'm too long. Today I ordered 640571

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:23 am

Its going to be close. I'm currently rocking a 110 for my 12/48 setup. But for shits and giggles I threw on a 12/43 and I had enough adjustment to make it fit.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:54 am

Nice list and happy B-lated B-day. thumb

I used an RK 520XSO 112 link chain with my 13/47 setup. You might get away with the 114 with the 13/48. (I'm thinking of trying a 13/49 next time)

I prefer the long chain for two reasons. First, it provides more clearance between the tire and the front of the swingarm. Second, it lengthens (just barely) the swingarm which places (just slightly) more weight on the front wheel. I find my X is more likely to skip the front wheel than the back like on my other bikes, so that's one change I've made to get a little more weight forward

I wouldn't worry about reusing the rear sprocket bolts. The torque from our little engines is unlikely to damage them if they're tight and seated. I would be more worried about the lock nuts. Often they can be reused too, although they do wear out over time.

I used new bolts because I needed the tapered style, but I didn't have the lock nuts in stock so I reused them. They kept coming lose (on a trip of course). Eventually I got new lock nuts and used lock-tight. No more problems there.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Yep, ended up cutting two links off. 112 links seems perfect.

Looks like rear sprocket is designed for either stock bolts or countersink bolts. Today I ordered 61865
Today I ordered DSCN1191

Today I ordered DSCN1195

New 13t countershaft:
Today I ordered DSCN1196

No locking tabs on countershaft nut:
Today I ordered DSCN1192
Today I ordered DSCN1193

First chain ever with masterlink and clip. Little nervous about this.
Today I ordered DSCN1197
Today I ordered DSCN1198

So 13 tooth front, 48t rear, and 112 link X-ring chain =
Today I ordered DSCN1200

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Today I ordered 61865 Looks good! How does it feel on there?

motokid

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:41 am

I have to say I'm as pleased as can be.

#1) the noise level from the rear of the bike has dramatically decreased

#2) the feel of the new gearing fits my riding style perfectly

Going back to the 13t front and larger rear has been a wonderful improvement.
No rubber bullshit on the sprockets means no squealing noise.
More clearance on swingarm and chainguards means less noise too.

Where my ear tells me to shift and the powerband adjustment of the new gearing just seems to put me in sweet spot.

I also remembered to adjust my 12 o'clock labs speedo corrector.

Taking into consideration my Distanzia size, and the gearing change my setting offset was a -22.7%

Today I ordered 640571

But yeah....great mod for my kind of riding. Today I ordered 61865

FmF Q4

Last edited by motokid on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added percent %)
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Ordered new mirrors.

these - happy fathers day to me <-- clicky

Pics when they get here.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Today I ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered Empty

Back to top Go down

Today I ordered