Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Today I ordered

Go down 
+8
ZED
WRoldman
3KGT_Maddness
xcel
Matty
Tammy
SheWolf
motokid
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Today I ordered - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:16 pm

Today I ordered - Page 2 Dscn2125

Today I ordered - Page 2 Dscn2126

First ride impressions might have to wait until tomorrow.
It's starting to rain. baldy

If I can see past my body, these will be 10x's better than the Powermadd's I had on there previously.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:29 pm

motokid wrote:
First ride impressions might have to wait until tomorrow.
It's starting to rain.

If I can see past my body, these will be 10x's better than the Powermadd's I had on there previously.

So, to mount them to the bars, you take off the bar end mount, then clamp them to the bars. Did you have any problems?
Go ride in the rain and tell us if you can see anything behind you! Very happy
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:45 pm

I LIKE "EM.

For me - a much better solution to than the Powermadds.

A little body-english helps to get a better view behind, but I don't mind that.

Especially at stop lights, where I'm already slightly off to one side I get a much better look at what's bearing down on me.

I might do some fiddling with the controls to see if I can move the mirrors a little more towards the handgrips, but for now I'm quite happy.

The install is easy, but a little time consuming to get things positioned right. Don't ever let go of the mirror until you KNOW the bolts are sinched
down good though. I could foresee dropping one and it breaking during the install.

But that did not happen to me.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:57 pm

motokid wrote:

Taking into consideration my Distanzia size, and the gearing change my setting offset was a -22.7

Is that 22.7 MPH or %?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Boondocker wrote:
motokid wrote:

Taking into consideration my Distanzia size, and the gearing change my setting offset was a -22.7

Is that 22.7 MPH or %?

Percent.

Stock speedo is off 7.7% roughly.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:17 pm

motokid wrote:
I LIKE "EM.

Don't ever let go of the mirror until you KNOW the bolts are sinched
down good though. I could foresee dropping one and it breaking during the install.

But that did not happen to me.

Thanks, Kid. These mirrors seem perfect for most of us on this list. I found this on the internet:
Acrylic Safety Mirrors are ideal for use where GLASS mirror may easily break and be unsafe, especially around children, the elderly or the vulnerable thumb
Back to top Go down
caseyc

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:47 am

What can you comfortably cruise at with the new gearing? I'm trying to find a good combo for my bike. I will be using it for commuting alot (roughly 50 mi a day) freeway. But I would like a little more lowerend power for twisties on weekends.

If I'm not mistaken isn't stock gearing 14/43 ??
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:41 pm

I run my x at 13X45. Do about 60 miles a day on the Interstate. For me that gearing is right on.
Back to top Go down
caseyc

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 pm

mordicai wrote:
I run my x at 13X45. Do about 60 miles a day on the Interstate. For me that gearing is right on.
what kinda top end does it have. I'm just looking for something that isn't redlining while cruising 70. How's the bottemend??? More torque?
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:37 pm

I run my x at 13X45. Do about 60 miles a day on the Interstate. For me that gearing is right on
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:09 am

I've lowered my gearing as well, and I do over highway speeds on mine. At the top end it screams but I'm doing more than 80. Very happy Bottom end it's not so long legged. I find the lower gearing makes the tranny more useable all the way around. thumb

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:48 am

caseyc wrote:
If I'm not mistaken isn't stock gearing 14/43 ??

Stock is not 14 on the front for either wr250.

Stock X is 13/42
Stock R is 13/43

(if I remember correctly.)

Very happy

13/48 gearing gets me to about 84mph with corrected speedometer.

Freeway speeds of roughly 70mph are easy to get to and maintain.

Backroad speeds of 60+ are much MUCH more fun though and preferred over freeway anythings....

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today I ordered   Today I ordered - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Today I ordered
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2