Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wait or Buy Now?

Go down 
+11
deerHater
ZED
R_Lefebvre
Ozy
Midnite171
clint
X-Racer
SheWolf
njbill
olddog
Archie
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
njbill

njbill

Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait or Buy Now?   Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:53 am

Archie wrote:
It was stock.....how do I uncork it?

For me, it was a matter of $500 and a few hours... Remove all the EPA BS (AIS, Exup, Flapper), a FMF EFI programmer, FMF Q4 pipe, a big hole in the air box. My bike rips in the woods and will cruise all day on the freeway.
Back to top Go down
blkwrr

blkwrr

PostSubject: Re: Wait or Buy Now?   Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:45 pm

As I've said in another post when choosing a wrr you need to give alot of thought to just what you want out of your riding experience. I just went from the r to an f because my main focus is tearing up the trails and doing enduros where I can hold my own against other enduro bikes.

If you want to commute on the street and play on the trails I don't think you'll find a better bike than the r to do it on. The only problem with dual purpose bikes is simply that they are designed to be ok at various things and not fantastic at any one. If you're prepared to trail ride at a level where non nobby tyres won't kill you then you're good to go. Otherwise you're going to be between the devil and the deep blue sea (must be gettting old using that one) because your not going to want to go through nobbies at an alarming rate clocking up hundreds of miles on the street.

Also, be prepared to miss the loss in overall power and offroad handling that the wrf offers.
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

PostSubject: Re: Wait or Buy Now?   Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:02 pm

blkwrr, are you really going to be competing against other REAL enduros? Up here, it's almost all 250 2-stroke MX bikes with a non-functioning headlight bolted on, if that. The WR-F is outclassed.
Back to top Go down
blkwrr

blkwrr

PostSubject: Re: Wait or Buy Now?   Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:11 pm

R_Lefebvre wrote:
blkwrr, are you really going to be competing against other REAL enduros? Up here, it's almost all 250 2-stroke MX bikes with a non-functioning headlight bolted on, if that. The WR-F is outclassed.

Not looking to compete as in standing on the podium, just want to keep up without ringing the bikes neck (which I was having to do on the R) or being concerned that if I hit a rut / digout @ 80+ klms the R's suspension was not going to handle it.

As will discover there are some simple mods that will greatly improve the bikes dirt worthiness, gearing being the best of the lot with respect to value for money. Once again though by the time I regeared (12/47) and put nobbies on it I had reduced the bikes great street cred whilst it still really only being a wannabee enduro.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Wait or Buy Now?   Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:35 am

My WR LIVES to have it's neck rung. wink

The suspension is actually pretty good when set up well. For a dual sport it's phenomenal. It's the only thing that's saved me when hitting drainage ditches with the little X tires, but a true dirt bike certainly can be better.
Back to top Go down
Archie

PostSubject: Re: Wait or Buy Now?   Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:39 am

Decided on the WR250R, and bought a 2010 model yesterday.....I love it!! More later after I break it in!
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

PostSubject: Re: Wait or Buy Now?   Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:42 am

blkwrr, I'm not arguing with what you're saying about the WRR. It's more about your expectations of the WRF. If that's what everybody is riding down there, then fine. But up here, everybody is riding YZ's in the woods. The WRF is outclassed. Far be it from standing on the podium, I found it hard just to not be DFL. Obviously a lot of it's me. But that's why I decided to get an X. Something that is really street usable, and then if I want to go racing again, I'll get a YZ also.

I guess my point is just, with the entrance of the X/R, and most enduro sanctioning bodies allowing MX bikes now, I don't see the point of F anymore.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Wait or Buy Now?   Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:40 am

Archie wrote:
Decided on the WR250R, and bought a 2010 model yesterday.....I love it!! More later after I break it in!

Big mistake... that bike is a piece of Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 622730 . Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 986936

All kidding aside, congratulations. You are going to love the WRR. If you are mildly mechanically inclined, and want to modify the bike, this forum is a treasure chest of information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wait or Buy Now?   Wait or Buy Now? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wait or Buy Now?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2