Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Go-Race

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rsteiger

rsteiger

Go-Race Empty
PostSubject: Go-Race   Go-Race EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Picking up my WRR suspension from Travis tomorrow.

Sent it in last Monday and it showed up at his shop on Thursday. He had it finished that weekend.

Just so happen I am out on a business trip in the area and can swing by to pick them up and avoid shipping them back home - have to admit that packing and shipping part had me nervous.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

Go-Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go-Race   Go-Race EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:33 pm

I have heard nothing but good things about their work. You'll fall in love with the R2 all over again.
I ride mine in some very aggressive terrain. With the upgraded suspension in conjunction with the spruced up motor I just can't justify buying the KTM350 I thought I'd be buying by now.

Shipping:
About 3 years ago I put my KTM forks & rear shock in a gun case & shipped them to NOST. They NEVER showed.
It took weeks to resolve, but I finally got my suspension back. I firmly believe someone at UPS spotted the heavy gun case opened it & after finding out it was not guns, they returned it. I learned NOT to use a UPS store ever. They are not UPS & if you let them ship for you, you are not UPS's customer, they are. It sucked trying to run my stuff down & being told I was not the bloody customer!
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Go-Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go-Race   Go-Race EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 8:43 pm

4play wrote:
Shipping:
About 3 years ago I put my KTM forks & rear shock in a gun case & shipped them to NOST. They NEVER showed.
It took weeks to resolve, but I finally got my suspension back. I firmly believe someone at UPS spotted the heavy gun case opened it & after finding out it was not guns, they returned it. I learned NOT to use a UPS store ever. They are not UPS & if you let them ship for you, you are not UPS's customer, they are. It sucked trying to run my stuff down & being told I was not the bloody customer!

Man that is a good thing to know! I shipped them through a UPS store but there is a UPS facility just about a mile further down the road that I could have used instead.

I ended up going to the shop were I bought the bike and asked my salesman if they had anything to ship forks in. He took me back to their service area and we found several boxes in short order. I think the one I used is what they shipped the Suzuki Promo stuff in - seemed wrong at the time but everything fit in it very well (including a lot of bubble wrap).

Figure I will ride it a bit with the new suspension and then figure out when to do the 280 kit.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

Go-Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go-Race   Go-Race EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 8:50 pm

[/quote]

I think the one I used is what they shipped the Suzuki Promo stuff in - seemed wrong at the time but everything fit in it very well (including a lot of bubble wrap).
Figure I will ride it a bit with the new suspension and then figure out when to do the 280 kit. [/quote]

If you can run a Suzuki Muffler, using a Suzuki box to ship stuff in can't be any worse wink

Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Go-Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go-Race   Go-Race EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:53 am

I think the one I used is what they shipped the Suzuki Promo stuff in - seemed wrong at the time but everything fit in it very well (including a lot of bubble wrap).
Figure I will ride it a bit with the new suspension and then figure out when to do the 280 kit. [/quote]

If you can run a Suzuki Muffler, using a Suzuki box to ship stuff in can't be any worse wink

[/quote]

poser2 thumb
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Go-Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go-Race   Go-Race EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 6:36 am

Picked them up yesterday!

Go-Race 10600663_10203947786689532_5929137920730692789_n

I posted up that picture on FB and one of my riding friends commented "that was the shop that got me set up with a new foot peg so I could finish my vacation ride".

In his case he was out on a 3000 mile ride through the SE US on his WeeStrom when he hit a wooden bridge at some serious speed and low sided the bike. He was ok and for the most part the engine guards seem to take the brunt of the hit. However his right foot peg was completely torn off.

He limped into town and found Go-Race. He told them what happened and I guess they stopped what they were doing and got him setup with another peg so he could finish his trip.

Always like dealing with people like that!

I guess he has seen a nice little pick up in business since this article came out:

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/09/09/yamaha-wr250r-adventure-bike-conversion-project/

I heard they are also going to do a write up on his shop in the CycleWorld magazine soon.
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

Go-Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go-Race   Go-Race EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 10:26 am

Picking mine up tomorrow from a local suspension guy, re spring and re valve, hoping for good results
Back to top Go down
timzim

Go-Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go-Race   Go-Race EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Travis did my suspension last week this is the best mod I've made to any bike ever.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Go-Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go-Race   Go-Race EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 9:41 pm

thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Go-Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go-Race   Go-Race Empty

Back to top Go down

Go-Race