Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What brave new land is this ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

What brave new land is this ? Empty
PostSubject: What brave new land is this ?   What brave new land is this ? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 9:50 am

Hi all - I'm mainly a lurker on ADV and have been wading through the wr250r thread - started on page 40, currently on page 173, read about this forum a few pages back and here I am *grin*
I bought my R2 last June to explore the forestry roads around where I live (Cascade foothills in Oregon), my last bike was an '84 H-D 1000 and I haven't ridden since the late 80's. Long story short, this is a great little bike and I'm looking forward to doing some overnight trips into central Oregon this summer.
OK - I have to get back to the ADV forum - still got 30 pages to go !
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: What brave new land is this ?   What brave new land is this ? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:23 am

Welcome aboard.
The WR should do very well for where you are located.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What brave new land is this ?   What brave new land is this ? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:02 am

Welcome to the pack! thumb I'll be using mine for forestry patrols this summer so I'm looking forward to when the weather finally smartens up and I can ride.

mtb

PostSubject: Re: What brave new land is this ?   What brave new land is this ? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:48 am

Wow to the avatar eeek

How tall are you Mr. Stick? scratch
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What brave new land is this ?   What brave new land is this ? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:50 am

He sure looks like a big boy!! wink

PostSubject: Re: What brave new land is this ?   What brave new land is this ? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:26 pm

mtb wrote:
Wow to the avatar eeek

How tall are you Mr. Stick? scratch

*grins* - I'm not THAT tall (6ft, 220 lbs) - it's just a lil' bike.
On the forestry patrol side, hopefully I'm stayin' on the good side of the various agencies here by letting them know about illegal campfires in the summer. Last Sept, in the middle of tinder dry, absolutely no campfires allowed conditions, some city cagers had left a campfire burning in an unofficial campsite. I dumped all my drinking water on it, even pee'd on it.....then let a passing forestry vehicle know about it. I live up here, would sure hate for everything to turn black :(
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What brave new land is this ?   What brave new land is this ? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Yeah, ditto on that Stick. I come across abandoned campfires all the time when I go out on patrol. Here it's great that local campers help us out by giving us details on vehicles and such who happen to leave the fires unattended behind. We do follow up and fines are handed out; same goes for tossing out cigarette buts out the windows of vehicles. We had a fire where I live back in 1998 and we all got evacuated. Not a nice thing to have to go thru.

Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: What brave new land is this ?   What brave new land is this ? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Welcome! We are planning on doing the OBDCR through Oregon this summer. I'm trying to get everything ready for 950 miles of dirt. wink

PostSubject: Re: What brave new land is this ?   What brave new land is this ? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:17 pm

YamWOW! wrote:
Welcome! We are planning on doing the OBDCR through Oregon this summer. I'm trying to get everything ready for 950 miles of dirt. wink

Wow - that sounds interesting was just checking it out on http://www.blackdogdualsport.com/oregon_dsr/archives/OBDR.htm, I'm gonna take some short trips this summer, see if I like it before I invest in the racks/bags/camping gear. This is definitely a lightweight option for me, I'm used to a 110 bhp, 5 cylinder.............................VW Eurovan Camper with kayaks on top and a mountain bike inside *grin*
If all looks good, would definitely be up for it in 2010 !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What brave new land is this ?   What brave new land is this ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What brave new land is this ?
Page 1 of 1