Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

G'day from Great Southern Land !

Go down 
+2
mick wr250r
GT-250
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GT-250

GT-250

G'day from Great Southern Land ! Empty
PostSubject: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:07 am

G'day all from new member "Down Under" in OZ.....

Short story = picked up my Brand new 2012 WR250R last September. Have been reading some good info on this forum for the
last few months, so thought it was time to properly join the "crew". I am a qualified Auto Mechanic, but have still learned plenty from here & picked up some really good tips. Also hope to help out other fellow members with some experienced Tech advice where i can.

I have carried out many of the base improvements with regards to the rear muffler & EXUP delete, AIS & flapper, EVO TECH sump gaurd, full Sandman case saver & gaurd kit, better chain & sprockets, handgaurds & mirrors, etc, etc. Also a few little bling billet alloy components here and there. Being a very popular bike worldwide, it's great to have so many "aftermarket" options - with more & more new items becoming available almost monthly.

Anyway, i've only just clicked over 3000 klms - so the stock "death wings" will soon be swapped out for some decent new tires - looking at Michelins = T63 rear in 130-80-18, and front Starcross HP4 in 90-100-21.... Also will be doing some more "fine tuning" in regards to the sprocket sizes to suit my new tire size & riding conditions - proberly going to end up with 13/45. ( When i fit the new 130-80 rear with the 13/45 it will give a sprocket ratio equivelent to the extra tyre height of about 13/44 - so just slightly lower geared than stock ). Also chain length will be set so that i will have enough adjustment to go one tooth size different either side of the 13t if i ever felt the need.

Also looking at the FMF Mega Bomb & Fuel programmer in the very near future..... But being a Mechanic, always will keep adding to the "to do" improvement list, lol. ( Previous ride was a old 1992 XR600R - bombed with 630 BB kit & all the performance fruit ).

Will try to up-load some pic's of my WR as well, but in the mean time i hope to chat again soon with other members in the Tech & general chat areas.

Cheers guys,

Gavin.

Last edited by GT-250 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mick wr250r

mick wr250r

PostSubject: g,day from great southern land   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:33 pm

welcome gavin good to have another mechanic join this is a great forum everything you need to know about this bike enjoy
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Welcome sir... I'm off to Aussie land next year ... can't wait.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys.....

Also friendly tip for gatorfan = if you visit any 'Croc country whilst down here in OZ, just remenber to take caution as "our" crocodiles grow about 3 times as big as "your" gator's.... We get the USA shows here on TV called "Swamp People" & "Gator Boys".... & you definately wouldn't get away with what they do - both the Gators & the hunters would be eaten by the Croc's, lol.

There are some really great visitor centres here in the top end of OZ that house several monsters over 5.5 meters - so close to 20ft.
There is a "cage of death" here in Darwin, where you can pay about $100 to get into a "perspex box" & be lowered into the water with 5+ meter croc's..... get the f out

Cheers.

Last edited by GT-250 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Welcome from Beautiful NE Iowa. I have a friend in Perth, although we have never met face to face we have been corresponding for 15 years or so.

Jim
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:06 am

GT, I'm a fan of the Florida GATOR sports teams at the University of Florida. Live Gators I stay clear of. The only Crocs I'm getting close to are the ones I wear on my feet!

Cheers mate!
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:05 am

^^ LOL...... Good call mate !
Back to top Go down
woodygumdrops

woodygumdrops

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Here's a nice 12ft Florida Gator I found on the trail the other day. Sorry it's about 35ft away. Didn't even move when I rode up on the bike. Croc or gator, not something you want to cross paths with..

G'day from Great Southern Land ! Gator_zpsa6541712

Last edited by woodygumdrops on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 am

^^ Hey guys, don't know if it's a problem at my end - but there is no picture in the above post for me to see ? Just a little white box with a red "X" in it, dunno

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:58 am

Hi,
It's nice to see the freash enthuseasume. If you need machine work or modification ideas, I have done everything to these bikes.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 4:09 am

Thanks Captain M..... Yes it's definately a massive bonus to us in Australia that this Yammie is such a popular model in the BIG USA market. ( As really in the very small AU market it sells at far less a rate than our Aussie WR250F & street legal WR450F ).....Still all good though, as i can easily take full advantage of all the extensive & great range of aftermarket goodies & performance improvements that mostly come out of the good old US-of-A market. ( Top quality - unlike most of the cheap shit crap that comes out of China ).

I plan on keeping my bike for the very long term - so the future plans are for the Athena 290 BB kit. I have also seen that insane Turbo kit that you guys in the States have produced - pretty impressive figures....( Just a pity that the dude on the youtube demo video can't mono for shit ! LOL.... He would of looked better pulling a big burnout all the way up into top gear hey )....
But anyway, as nice as the Turbo would be, for me i think that the 290cc BB kit is the go for my intended use.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:27 pm

I don't know. I came from years of riding and modifing a XR650L, with 60+ horsepower, and all the stuff. The WR250R is a breath of fresh air. Minimizing is a good way to go. Slow down, enjoy. 30 horspower gets around fine. You get to rev the motor out more. The WR reved up, sounds good. Milage is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Great Southern Land !   G'day from Great Southern Land ! Empty

Back to top Go down

G'day from Great Southern Land !
Page 1 of 1