Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?

Go down 
+6
texascycle
X-Racer
matttys
SheWolf
Krabill
ekahwaty
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ekahwaty

ekahwaty

Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? Empty
PostSubject: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Perhaps I missed it but I did not find any thread touching on any 2 up rides, even around the block. I was curious if anyone has any experiences or feedback.

The only passenger I have had to date did not use the pegs and hitched a ride between helmet and visor when I was doing 50 mph:

Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? Dscn0115

Seriously anyone taken the significant other on a ride? Thumbs up or down? I know it is no GS 1200 passenger wise.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:41 pm

I took one of my nieces for a short ride. We did a few miles of pavement, a couple miles of two track, and a few miles of dirt road. It worked just fine. I don't think I'd want to carry a passenger for and entire day, but an hour or so was no big deal and she had a blast Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 61865
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:45 pm

I've ridden 2-up for about half the day. Longest was about 2 hours straight, highway/city; the rest was on trails. Bike held up fine, and since doing the seat mod, my ass doesn't start tingling like it used to on long hauls. Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 61865

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:26 pm

I like the R for two up. Sure it's not super fast and the seat is a bit narrow, but it's not impossible. My fiancée has ridden a 100 mile day with me without too much complaining. Just don't really plan on going over 55 mph (gps monitored) and the bike has plenty of go.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:06 pm

First ride on the "R" was 2-up around town including some open road areas (45-55MPH).

Me at 210 lbs and her at 130 lbs on stock suspension worked just fine.

With that kind of weight however, if you want to haul ass, you should plan on making two trips. (I sa...I sai... I said... I said that's a joke son).

[b]SheWolf[/b] wrote:
...and since doing the seat mod, my ass doesn't start tingling like it used
to on long hauls.

Maybe you need to ride a little longer. You might be almost "there". Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 810411
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:27 pm

No, that happens every time I play in the mud...guaranteed. Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 93746

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:43 pm

I did some trail riding with me 190, she was 160 (130 now ... the blue diet, lol), and was actually surprised at how composed the bike was. Handled everything quite nicely. Wasn't long riding or on the highway, but I am thinking if anything just keep it in 5th and run up to 70 mph or so??? Should be doable.
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:22 pm

X-Racer wrote:
(I sa...I sai... I said... I said that's a joke son).

[b]SheWolf[/b] wrote:
...and since doing the seat mod, my ass doesn't start tingling like it used
to on long hauls.

Maybe you need to ride a little longer. You might be almost "there". Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 810411

Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 851577 Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 851577 Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 851577 Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 851577 Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 851577 Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 851577 Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 851577 Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 851577 Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 851577

Stop making me think about Wuffie tail....... Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? Icon_rolleyes

BTW...... I want more emoticons
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Yeah I know, the base version software doesn't have much in the way of emoticons, sadly.Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? Zx11shocked

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:31 pm

With my own weight being over 100kg I haven't even considered it. I took my wife on a couple rides on my FZ1 before we had a rug rat. I didn't much care for the high and back weight and how it changed the bike. I feel like everybody is trying to run me down when I'm by myself as it is.
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:43 am

I've put at least 500 lbs of passenger load on my lil' girl. Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 986936

With 12/48's, she still keeps going, and going, and ....... going.

My (big-boned) gal friend drove her daughter aroung the ROT Rally (Republic of Texas (Harley)) recently here in Austin with her daughter (also big girl) on the back.

It was kinda sexy. Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 810411 She got lots of thumbs up from admiring Harleys. Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 61865

Of course with the spark arrestor element out of my stock exhaust, she was louder than most of them. Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 379944
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:52 am

Funny, I kinda figured you were the free-flow type kinda guy. Very happy

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:47 am

I'm sure the WR shouldn't have much problem riding 2up, heck I 2up on my '95 XT350 all the time, with no signs of stress from the engine or suspension.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Who you packin around, your pregger sister?!! eeek

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Longest I've ridden with the g/f is about 50 miles. Sore butts in the not-so-fun way from the narrow seat (me up front) or no padding (her on the back) is gonna limit my 2-up rides to ~100miles give or take.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:04 pm

Numb bum is not fun.

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:15 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Who you packin around, your pregger sister?!! eeek

Hell no, the girls from work Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? 810411
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?   Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block? Empty

Back to top Go down

Passenger Reality - 2 up around the block?
Page 1 of 1