Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Riding with passenger

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gundy

Riding with passenger Empty
PostSubject: Riding with passenger   Riding with passenger EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:34 am

I know this may be one of the last bikes to plan two up riding with BUT, how many of you have done light duty offloading with a passenger? There is an easy, scenic dual sport ride coming up and my wife enjoys tagging along. Problem is that was on my KLR with a Sargent seat which I sold a couple months ago. I do have a stiffer rear spring, so that should help.

Is the Sargent for the WR better for a pasenger?
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Riding with passenger   Riding with passenger EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:51 pm

I find that a passenger (even a very light one) makes an unexpected amount of difference in the handling. However you say you got a stiffer spring at the back so that is good thumb I have only done two up on the road, and the wr handles it fine. However I would say that something like a fireroad etc is about how far I'd be willing to go for 2 up off road.

can't say about the seat, as I have the stock one. however even with the stock seat, if the ride is not too long it does fine. (my passenger never complained Very happy )
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Riding with passenger   Riding with passenger EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:03 pm

When I tried some two up, and on the trail...it was very spongey in the legs. The engine wasnt the issue, just the suspension.
On the road, or without need of suspension...no problem. On the trail, I was emergency transportation only.
Not to mention the seat we shared!...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riding with passenger   Riding with passenger Empty

Back to top Go down

Riding with passenger
Page 1 of 1